USAA doesn't download transactions

Nov, 20 2022 - Quicken doesn't download any credit card transactions and doesn't give an error either. It reports zero transactions downloaded. I had this problem and found this solution:

from the USAA website under "Quicken FAQ's"

Why did my USAA account activity stop updating in Quicken?
If your USAA account activity stopped updating, please consider the following:

Your connection with Quicken has expired. You can reauthorize your connection through Quicken by following the steps in the FAQ "What credentials do I provide to access my USAA accounts in Quicken?
Your access to usaa.com has been suspended. Please note that invalid login attempts by Quicken due to incorrect credentials may cause your online access to be suspended.
There's a period of unusually high traffic volume on usaa.com.

What credentials do I provide to access my USAA accounts in Quicken?
The credentials that Quicken prompts you for will vary based on your software version and the type of account you want to download. With the recommended Direct Connect method in Quicken follows these steps:

Select "Get Access ID and PIN."
Log on to usaa.com when prompted.
Use the unique ID and PIN that we'll provide - it's only for adding or accessing your USAA accounts in Quicken.
Use this same process if you forgot your Access ID and PIN

Now, when you go to set up the download and you select USAA credit card, and click options, direct connect does not appear. Instead select "USAA Federal Savings Bank", direct connect will show up when you click options and you click on "Get Access ID and PIN". USAA ask permission to access your account info and sends you an access id and pin which you then provide to USAA.
You then enter this info in the boxes provided and it should work (it did for me).

I hope this helps someone as it has been a problem for a number of users.

thanks. JC

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thanks for reaching out and joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding USAA users being unable to download transactions or missing transactions. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. 
    -Quicken Jasmine

Answers

• S Johnson
    S Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    USAA downloads haven't worked for almost a month now. Current account with Quicken. Tried all the of the recommended resets, de-activating/re-activating accounts, Direct Connect vs Quicken connect, etc.... Nothing helps. USAA has no information on topic.
  • zstatman
    zstatman Member ✭✭✭
    Having similar results. Seems focused on the Visa card. Says can't find it, I reactivate and shows it but still doesn't download the TXs
  • Jaybird180
    Jaybird180 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.
  • bebe
    bebe Member
    Sind updating to MAC version Quicken 6.10.3 unable to download transactions to USAA Credit Card. Other USAA accounts are updating as expected.
  • bebe
    bebe Member
    Same issue for me.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thanks for reaching out and joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding USAA users being unable to download transactions or missing transactions. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • NV-VT
    NV-VT Member ✭✭
    Same issue with Premier for Windows R45.13, Build 27.1.45.13. At bottom of screen the menu option for "Download transactions" when selected would prompt me to "update," connect with USAA Fed Sav Bank and download matched and new transactions. But for the last month or so that menu option does nothing. My less than perfect work around is to execute "One Step Update" for that credit card account, which works. This makes me believe there is nothing wrong with the previously set up on line credentials.
  • Hi everyone. I am a retired IT person that has taken it upon myself to solve this great mystery. These are the clues I have come up with besides the usual finger pointing.
    First I do have MFA turned on my account
    I also Have Quicken as an authorized third party program on my USAA account
    Quicken will not download correctly for USAA from the scheduled task
    If I get into a state of not being able to download manually it is cured by me logging into USAA first with my browser.
    To fix the inability to download from the scheduler I reset any of my multiple accounts in the online dialog box

So I discovered that the USAA 3rd party permissions are being reset or revoked periodically. Which is causing quicken not to download. I am not sure whose issue this is but a fix would be much appreciated.
    :-)
  • toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    same problem for me
  • toms123
    toms123 Member ✭✭
    same problem for me
  • Brentkai
    Brentkai Member
    Same problem for credit card only. USAA Savings and checking work fine.
  • Brentkai
    Brentkai Member
    I called USAA and they provided the solution.

Quick and dirty if you know what you are doing.

Edit account and deactivate it.
    Add an account. (LOOK to the right) Blue link to get temporary ACCESS ID and Password

Write them down or Print.
    You will be directed to Login into USAA and then provide the access ID and Password.

Then it brings up all your USAA account. Use the LINK to account and continue

It worked for me
  • The reactivating only works for a little while, until the credentials get reset (how I do not know). I deactivated my MFA, in attempt to stop having to deactivate/reset my account, and now everything is downloading. It has only been a week but so far so good.
  • abbey9
    abbey9 Member ✭✭
    I have been struggling with this for days. I deactivated and tried to reset twice. My new access id and pin are same as a year ago. I go to one-step update only for usaa credit card, it has space for password (most cc's don't anymore). I enter what I know to be my password, because this time I am logged into USAA as well, looking at the document that says "Quicken Direct Connect has been connected to your USAA account". When I click update all I get is an "Enter your passwords" box which says "Enter the passwords for the following institutions," and of course the institution is USAA FSA. If I press "OK", I'm right back to the Update box with my USAA already entered. So none of the solutions tried above seem to work for me. I will likely have to wait to next week, because both Quicken chat support and phone support are closed and USAA tech support has 1hr, 45 min wait.
This discussion has been closed.