chase checking account online balance not downloading, why?

Ali McKee
Ali McKee Member ✭✭
Yesterday I had to reauthorize my chase accounts for the umpteenth time. My checking account online balance is not downloading so I cannot reconcile my account. I am extremely frustrated. I've tried to reset my account multiple times times, all unsuccessfully. When I try to reconcile, it shows a cleared balance and then statement ending balance as 0.00 and difference as the amount of my cleared balance. HELP! Please!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ali McKee,

Did this problem start after you went through the conversion of Chase accounts in Quicken?  If so, were you ever able to actually make a connection after that time? Are any of your accounts (assuming you have more than one) connecting?  Are you seeing any error codes - if so which ones?

Get back to us and we'll see if we an help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ali McKee
    Ali McKee Member ✭✭
    I had converted my accounts a while back and all worked well, but for some unknown reason, I had to reauthorize my accounts again this week. I have three accounts with chase bank. My checking account is the only account experiencing the 0.00 online balance. My savings account reflects the correct online balance. Hope this makes sense and thanks
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Ali McKee

Sorry to be so detailed but, can you be more specific about the timetable?  When you say "a while back" are you meaning a few weeks, a few months, or longer?  It is important because Chase went through a major change on how it connects with Quicken and that could be key to why you are having these problems.

Thanks,
    Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Ali McKee
    Ali McKee Member ✭✭
    Hi. When Chase was originally beginning, they’re huge conversion, I attempted to update my accounts. I did have some trouble initially but eventually my accounts converted. Timing wise I would say it was within the month of September or October. Everything seem to be working fine until last week when I attempted to do an update on my accounts. It was probably Tuesday of last week when Chase wanted me to re-authorize my accounts again. So I went through the process to re-authorize my checking, savings, and credit card account. I had to link each one individually. In other words, I had to go through that process each time to re-authorize each account. When my checking account was linked and re-authorized is when I saw that my online balance reflected 0.00 in the reconciliation window. And the online balance, which usually shows on the register window is no longer visible. I waited 24 hours and did an account update and nothing changed.

Hopefully this makes sense to you and gives you the information you need if not, I will be more than happy to try and be more specific. Many many thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.