OL-297-A Connection Failure only to Comerica and not first time after a reboot

FlaSheridn
FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
For a few months I’ve been getting a "Quicken is unable to establish an Internet connection (OL-297-A)" error only for Comerica Bank, and not the first time after a reboot — So this is distinct from, and older than, the apparent TLS1.2 disablement error with ofxdc.wellsfargo.com (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20309443/#Comment_20309443), which is now affecting me as well.

This is Quicken Deluxe R45.13 27.1.45.13 on Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.2251, running under VMware Fusion on MacOS 12.6.1 21G217 on Intel Core i9. (Mac Quicken has never been serious about data integrity in migrating my data, so I still run virtual Windows.)
Tagged:

Comments

• Hello @FlaSheridn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

I have located a support article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-297 error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    >> and not the first time after a reboot — So this is distinct from, and older than, the apparent TLS1.2 disablement error

> You may follow this link to access that FAQ

No, most of those are about the TLS1.2 disablement error and the like; none could be relevant to an error which does not happen the first time after a reboot.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to update your Windows 10 to level 22H2 plus the November Security Updates. No guarantees, though ...
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > You might want to update your Windows 10 to level 22H2 …

Microsoft seemed to agree with you, and updated me.

> No guarantees, though ...

You are again correct. Right after the upgrade, Comerica stopped connecting even after a reboot, along with CitiBank (1 of 2 accounts) and E*Trade. Per the FAQ, I verified “Verify TLS 1.2 is checked” and “First-party and Third-party Cookies are both set to Accept,” then for good luck unchecked and re-checked them. I was then able to connect, even not right after a reboot. Then Quicken returned to the old behavior of working only the first time after a reboot. Go figure; I suspect only an engineer, not a support person, could unravel this mystery.
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    Today’s behavior is even odder. Right after starting up Windows, a One Step Update failed as usual for Comerica and Wells Fargo, and with a new error for HSA Bank: “Unable to match … to a Quicken acct.” After rebooting Windows, doing the above uncheck/recheck, plus checking TLS 1.3 (Experimental) for luck, I was able to connect to Comerica, and then to Wells Fargo, but HSA is still broken.
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    Today’s score: Not after a reboot, but after the magic Uncheck/Check TLS 1.2 incantation, Comerica worked, Wells Fargo seemed not to, and One Step Update seemed to quit. Trying Wells Fargo on its own, and then HSA, also worked. After that, One Step Update worked properly for all my accounts. Great and multifarious are the ways of Quicken.
  • jthelw
    jthelw Member ✭✭
    I need help with these commands. My situation is that Comerica Bank has not updated on One Step Update since December 21 (10 days ago). I don't get any error messages - Quicken indicates that the account has updated, I know from conneccting directly with Comeric's website that I have hd transactions-lots of them.
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    I doubt you’ll get useful rather than generic help here. A chat session with Quicken support might be a better bet.
  • jthelw
    jthelw Member ✭✭
    Okay, thanks FlaSheridn, but I am still curious about what a TLS 1.2 incantation is!
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    Bad hair day, or rather quarter, for Quicken. For the past week HSA bank has been giving me an error without an error number: “Sorry. We encountered and error. (It’s not your fault.)”