Securities Comparison Mismatch

neil154
neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
In my Schwab account I have Schwab Value Advantage Fund (which is a money market fund).  I previously told Quicken to not treat this as cash.  Quicken is showing the correct amount of this fund but it says that Schwab is reporting zero shares.  This has only been happening the last few weeks.  How do I correct this issue or is it a Quicken bug?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @neil154,

Which version of Quicken are you running?  When you say "Quicken is showing the correct amount of this fund..." does that mean that it is being shown as cash?  If not how is it being shown?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭

The quicken register and also the "holdings" are showing the correct amount of the Schwab fund as a security (not cash)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @neil154

Since you are on R45.13, it is possible that you are seeing the same problems that some other Quicken users have been reporting lately.  So you may want to revert to an earlier version of Quicken to see if that fixes this. 

Here's a LINK to some guidance on how to revert to an earlier version.  I suggest that you click on "October 2022" and then click on Version R44.28.  Once, that file downloads, double click on it and it will complete the process of moving you back to an earlier version.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this would be a good solution, since I would be stuck at a lower version which doesn't have all the latest updates
    I hope Quicken is working on a fix for the next update
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @neill54,

Suit yourself.  But I wanted to mention that you can look at the "differences" between these versions (44.28 was released at the end of October) to decide.  Quite frankly, there is no guarantee that a newer version will fix your current problem (while rolling back likely will).

Good luck going forward.

Frankx

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Even IF a future version corrects the issue (which I expect it will), there's not telling WHEN that mythical future version will be released. It could be months from now.
    Whereas reverting to R44.28 fixes it NOW.  Your data wouldn't otherwise be impacted and the fixes in R45 are trivial when compared to the flaws which were introduced by the early R45 releases.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • neil154
    neil154 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, but I will stick with the latest version
This discussion has been closed.