Reconcile shares error

MikeF53
MikeF53 Member ✭✭
edited January 7 in Investing (Windows)
For at least the past 2 months (perhaps longer) quicken has reported that I have more shares reported by Edward Jones than I actually have. My Quicken amounts agree with my Edward Jones statements. However, Quicken Reconcile Shares is reporting the number of shares in a particular security is the same as that for a different security in the same account (the amount for that security is correct). I have asked Edward Jones to look into this, but I suspect the problem is really on the Quicken side. Any thoughts on correcting this?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Q BUILD are you running?  Find this info at HELP, About Quicken.
    What type of Shares are you talking about?  What securities? 
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • MikeF53
    MikeF53 Member ✭✭
    Version R45.13 Build 27.1.45.13
    Shares in Invesco Investment Grade Municipal Trust #120 are being reported incorrectly as the number of shares in Mainstay Mackay High Yield Muni A.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MikeF53

It sounds like perhaps your investments are - for some reason - incorrectly setup in Quicken.  Can you take a look, for instance, at your "Security List" in Quicken for the Invesco muni investment, to see if the symbol and CUSIP data might be incorrect (in other words whether those data points - in Quicken - are actually for "Mainstay Mackay"?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• MikeF53
    MikeF53 Member ✭✭
    I will do that, but I have owned these for years and this situation is new. Will update after checking.
  • dengib
    dengib Member
    I have exactly this same situation with Raymond James. I contacted Raymond James and have been told that it is a Quicken issue that Quicken is aware of. Please advise.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MikeF53 and @dengib

It sounds like you may be experiencing the known issue with 45.xx versions, securities comparison mismatch. See this discussion for details and a workaround.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923420/after-r45-7-upgrade-securities-show-securities-comparison-mismatch-multiple-fis-edited#latest

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.