One step update freezes. Then Quicken crashes when I try to open it.

mtbdog
mtbdog Member ✭✭
After updating to Version 45.7 Quicken started freezing during one step update. All of the banks and credit cards do connect and update, but One Step Update Progress window freezes, and then Quicken becomes unresponsive.

Coincident with this problem is Quicken crashing when I try to start it. It will start if I run the Mondo Patch, 27.1.45.13.

I have tried validating and super validating my data file; uninstalling Quicken, deleting the program directory and reinstalling; rebooting the computer after most of these attempts.

Seems like whenever I run an update there's a good possibility my life is gonna suck for a while after that.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @mtbdog

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding users experiencing slowness and freezing when attempting to perform a One Step Update. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.
    -Quicken Jasmine

Answers

• mtbdog said:
    After updating to Version 45.7 Quicken started freezing during one step update. All of the banks and credit cards do connect and update, but One Step Update Progress window freezes, and then Quicken becomes unresponsive.

Coincident with this problem is Quicken crashing when I try to start it. It will start if I run the Mondo Patch, 27.1.45.13.

I have tried validating and super validating my data file; uninstalling Quicken, deleting the program directory and reinstalling; rebooting the computer after most of these attempts.

Seems like whenever I run an update there's a good possibility my life is gonna suck for a while after that.
    Hello @mtbdog,        

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mtbdog
    mtbdog Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @mtbdog,        
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 
    >
    > Let us know how this works. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Hi Jared. There doesn't seem to be a link to Support Article. Here are the steps I've tried:

--Validating and super validating my data file,
    --uninstalling Quicken, deleting the program directory and reinstalling,
    --rebooting the computer after most of these attempts,
    --signing out of my account in Quicken and signing back in.

Next I will install Quicken on my laptop and another PC, and see if either of those works.

I'll let you know what happens.
  • mtbdog said:
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @mtbdog,        
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 
    >
    > Let us know how this works. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Hi Jared. There doesn't seem to be a link to Support Article. Here are the steps I've tried:

--Validating and super validating my data file,
    --uninstalling Quicken, deleting the program directory and reinstalling,
    --rebooting the computer after most of these attempts,
    --signing out of my account in Quicken and signing back in.

Next I will install Quicken on my laptop and another PC, and see if either of those works.

I'll let you know what happens.
    Hello @mtbdog,   

Thanks so much for getting back to me with your results, and for letting me know more about the situation in so much detail. I do apologize that this remains an issue. 

Just so I am clear, is this the same issue being described in this thread? If so, I will continue troubleshooting with you in that Discussion. I do apologize for any confusion but I want to be sure to prevent any further confusion by trying to work on the same issue in two different places, as well as keep the Quicken Community tidy and efficient. 

I hope that clarifies things, and I look forward to future correspondence with you about this.

Thank you,     

Quicken Jared 
  • mtbdog
    mtbdog Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @mtbdog,   
    >
    > Thanks so much for getting back to me with your results, and for letting me know more about the situation in so much detail. I do apologize that this remains an issue. 
    >
    > Just so I am clear, is this the same issue being described in this thread? If so, I will continue troubleshooting with you in that Discussion. I do apologize for any confusion but I want to be sure to prevent any further confusion by trying to work on the same issue in two different places, as well as keep the Quicken Community tidy and efficient. 
    >
    > I hope that clarifies things, and I look forward to future correspondence with you about this.
    >
    > Thank you,     
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Yes, same issue. Agreed, continue in that thread.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @mtbdog

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding users experiencing slowness and freezing when attempting to perform a One Step Update. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.
    -Quicken Jasmine
This discussion has been closed.