Quicken-Windows 11

I have recently purchased a new computer with Windows 11. After doing all the system updates to Windows and Quicken, I am getting a "freeze" at the end of the updates. I have to close Quicken and restart. On the restart the account up-dates are there. Anyone else having a problem with Windows 11 ?
Tagged:

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • hmcneal
    hmcneal Member
    Hard drive- Windows (C:)/hmcneal/documents/Quicken. Also using OneDrive. Windows Defender is on with the normal defaults. Cannot find just the controller folder access switch to see if it is on.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your Quicken data file should be a local folder that is not mirrored by OneDrive.

FAQ: Windows Defender & Controlled Folder Access — Quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • hmcneal
    hmcneal Member
    I turned off Windows Defender and activated Norton 360 that I have used on other computers. All my stock accounts downloaded without a problem. However, the Regions Bank Web Connect shows the download complete and then locks Quicken. I exit the program and reopen. All the download it there. I turned off the Regions on-line download. Then I set-up the Regions download again. Still got Quicken not responding after the download.
This discussion has been closed.