After search at wrong place in register

EvDob
EvDob Member ✭✭
Why after clearing a search in, say, a credit card account, does the register return to the very first transaction? I tried switching the date order, and this does work around the problem, but then sometimes I get an opening balance transaction appearing with the search results, which causes other problems!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you initiating that search?  How are you "clearing"? What field/info were you searching for?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    I initiate the search by typing in the Search box near the top of the register. I clear by hitting the X in the same box. I'm searching for stuff in the Memo field, but Quicken doesn't know that. Hmm, now that I try it again, the issue isn't happening. Must be more involved. I was copying & pasting transactions that I'd searched for. Maybe that's necessary for the register to revert to the earliest transaction.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is your register sorted?  What column, in the account, has an arrowhead next to the column name?
  • EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    By date, newest at bottom.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tested in one of my card accounts.
    Started with pointer on LAST (newest) transaction in account.  Initiated search per your method.  Cancelled search, your method, cursor returned to Last transaction.
    Started with cursor 10 transactions older.  Repeated process.  Cursor returned to prior txn.
    So, Sorry, but I can't repeat your situation.  Are you sure that you're not clicking of that txn before the search?
  • EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    I was doing a copy transaction and paste transaction prior to clearing the search.
This discussion has been closed.