Quicken auto updates?

I'm experiencing auto updates erroring out due to the time it takes to download B of A data. Takes 4 or more minutes. Anyone else?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    By "auto updates" are you talking about One Step Update? Scheduled Updates? What?
    And, which BofA are you talking about, the bank has several names in Q?
    So, Please do TOOLS, Account List and tell us what's shown in the "Financial Institution" column across from your BofA account(s) and what's shown in the "Transaction Download" column across from those accounts.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • hoebe1
    hoebe1 Member ✭✭
    Scheduled updates at 8am, B of A all other states, yes(improve connection). But if I try to improve connection I lose it and I have to setup over again.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried Validating your Q data file?  Take a backup and then FILE, "Validate and Repair file" being sure check Validate File before you click OK.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hoebe1 - When you say updates are "erroring out", are you getting an error code or message?  If so, what is it?
    Also, you say that the updates are taking 4+ minutes to complete.  So does BofA eventually complete updating or is that the amount of time for your other accounts?
    Since you have set up BofA to automatically download transactions it means your BofA account is set up with Express Web Connect+.  Is this correct?  (You can confirm this by looking directly under the Account Name at the top left of the Account Register.)
    Assuming it does say Express Web Connect+:  There should be no way that you are being offered an improved connection.  The only improved connection that could possibly be available is Direct Connect but BofA has discontinued support for DC so you should not be getting that message.  Until this issue gets fixed for you I suggest you do not try to "improve the connection" because that is very likely why your connection is failing and needs to be set up, again.
    Validate & Repair can fix not only data issues in Quicken but it can also fix some program issues.  Hopefully, V&R will fix this issue.  Let us know how that works out for you.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R44.20 on Windows 11)
  • hoebe1
    hoebe1 Member ✭✭
    Validate found errors like this:

Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "ACCT_16ee" 0/ 0/1900
    Quicken repaired some transaction information. No action required.
    "ACCT_16ee" 0/ 0/1900
    Quicken found an invalid transaction and removed it. "ACCT_16ee" 0/ 0/1900
    Quicken repaired some transaction information. No action required.
    "ACCT_16ee" 0/ 0/1900

I don't have an account by that name and I am not that old. :) I also ran super validate but didn't find any issues. I ran the one step update process manually and its still taking the same amount time.
This discussion has been closed.