Workaround for bug where Quicken uses wrong balance to reconcile?

Fire_
Fire_ Member ✭✭
It's come back with the latest backwards update - Quicken wants to reconcile against a projected online balance instead of the actual online balance - Chase accounts only, so far.

I need to turn it off! Stop including unreconciled transactions in the "online balance", that's NOT the online balance!

I spent more than a dozen hours fixing this already in my Quicken data files, a few weeks ago, when I was shown how to turn off this nasty atrocity.

Who do I turn it off?

Answers

• Fire_
    Fire_ Member ✭✭
    How*
    1 character 1 character 1 character (apparently, I have to type at least 50 chars to post an erratum)
  • Hello @Fire_

I am sorry about this issue with projected balances. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.