Is anyone else having major problems with using Quicken since Suntrust and BB&T merged to be Truist?

Every time I update through direct connect from Quicken to Truist, it sends/receives multiple entries for a single payment.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ricklane31

I haven't seen any issues being reported here in a couple of months.  When did these problems start? Which version of Quicken are you running?  What happens when you try to download, and are you getting any error codes?  Any additional details will help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• They started almost immediately with the merger but the latest issue started about 3 weeks ago. I use Quicken Deluxe version R45.13 on Windows 10. I don't get error codes but here is a hypothetical example of what happens: I set up Bill A in Quicken to be paid 6 days from the day I set up the payment. I update through Direct Connect to send this instruction to Truist. Truist pays the bill on the sixth day. I then use Direct Connect to send new instructions and to recieve the bills Truist has paid and to reconcile. What I receive back from Truist is a payment to Bill A as I instructed, but it also enters a second payment to Bill A in the downloaded transactions. When I go to my Online
    Truist account, Bill A is only paid once. I have received some payment items back as many three times. WTF?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @ricklane31,

Can you get some additional information through a couple of steps? For the Truist account that is downloading duplicate transactions, can you take the following steps:
    1) Open the account register;
    2) Click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    3) In the drop-down menu - Click on "Register columns";
    4) In the pop-up window - click the box next to "Downloaded ID AND the box next to "Downloaded Posting Date".
    5) Then click "Done".

If you still have duplicate transactions in the register - let us know whether the Downloaded ID and the Downloaded Posting Date are the same for the two transactions or if they are different.  If you have already had deleted the duplicate transactions that were recently downloaded, please wait until new duplicates and let us know whether those two items are the same.

If they are, that is a sign that the problem most likely lies with the bank and not with Quicken.  And the suggestion from Quicken Support will be to contact your bank about this problem.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.