Quicken freezing on account updates, removing accounts and more

Since last week around 11/25, anytime I update my accounts with one-time updates, or deleting an account (not sure what other actions might do this yet), Quicken freezes, the application goes black and if I click on the blackness, I can either Wait for the Program to Respond or Close. Nothing happens on waiting. I have to close the program. When I reopen it seems a few accounts updated, but not others.

I uninstalled the program, deleted the folder as well, and reinstalled to no avail. I'm running Windows 11 Pro 22H2. Thoughts?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @mikemwe and @[email protected]

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding users experiencing slowness and freezing when attempting to perform a One Step Update. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.
    -Quicken Jasmine

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @mmbunner

Can you tell us which version of Quicken you are running?  Have you recently seen any other problems?  Any additional information will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• I have been experiencing the same problem since Nov. 18th and I am still waiting for a solution...
    Here is the link to my reported issue https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7924050/one-step-update-freezing-up#latest
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @[email protected]

I posted a new message in the link you provided above.  Please go to that message thread and follow the instructions.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• mikemwe
    mikemwe Member
    I'm running the latest version R45.13, build 27.1.45.13
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @mikemwe and @[email protected]

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding users experiencing slowness and freezing when attempting to perform a One Step Update. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.
    -Quicken Jasmine
This discussion has been closed.