Quicken Not Opening Files

Receiver the error message "cannot open the data file because it is in use by another operation such as cloud storage backup". Just started receiving this message. No other operations using the system?

Answers

• kenfox17 said:
    Receiver the error message "cannot open the data file because it is in use by another operation such as cloud storage backup". Just started receiving this message. No other operations using the system?
    Hello @kenfox17,   

I am sorry about this problem with error messages regarding the ability to open the data file. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your data file is located on the computer and not an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

Also, have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here

I look forward to hearing back from you about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.