HSA Bank cc-569 download fail

HSA Bank is failing.  Visiting the banks site I see that they have changed the requirements for their User Name.   Updated mine.  Still failing....

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been reported internally and a trouble ticket has been created, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. In the meantime, our teams are looking to gather data in order to investigate. To contribute to this investigation, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem in your Quicken program and submit your log files. Please include "Attn: CTP-5200" in the title/subject line.

Thank you!
    (CTP-5200)
    -Quicken Anja
  • jeremycrandell
    jeremycrandell Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I just spoke with HSA Bank's internet banking and connectivity team and they confirmed that they are no longer supporting downloading of their statement data via Quicken. They, helpfully, point out that you can download a CSV from their website. Thanks for that.

I noted that HSA Bank is still listed as an option when one attempts to connect an account via Quicken's Account Settings. Not sure if this is on them or Quicken to remove from the list.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Failing for me as well.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • HSA Bank moved to two-factor verification this week, as I discovered when I tried to log on to my account on 12-7-2022. Since then I have not been able to download transactions from HSA Bank. When I try to update my HSA Bank account, I get an error message "Sorry we encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" Below this message is the additional message "Quicken is having trouble connecting to HSA Bank."
  • k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭
    Seeing the same problem...

Guessing something will have to be updated with Quicken services...
  • Quicken Anja
    edited December 2022
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem in your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • rm2
    rm2 Member
    Same issue - called Quicken support and they told me I should call HSA Bank. Glad to see it's been flagged as an issue as I cannot locate the "Help>Report a problem" area listed above
  • mark320
    mark320 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Once again, Quicken cannot connect to HSA Bank. Once Quicken encountered the problem it removed HSA Bank from One-Step Update and removed my HSA Bank credentials, requiring me to set up the online connection, once again. But Activate One Step Update fails with the error message, "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)."

That error message not informative, Quicken, as it provides no solution to me.

I note Quicken lists the URL for HSA Bank as www.hsabank.com

I suspect that's wrong, since in order to log in to accounts at HSA Bank, the correct URL is https://account.hsabank.com/

I have already used "Report a Problem" from within the Windows Quicken application.

How can I correct the URL Quicken is attempting to use to log in to accounts?

How long does Quicken anticipate this latest outage will last?

Earlier this year it took months - months - to resolve a connection issue with Boeing Employees Credit Union, with which I have many personal and business accounts. Given Quicken charges a subscription fee expressly to connect with financial institutions, its dispiriting to once again find I cannot connect and have no clear route to a resolution, except to post messages to a discussion group.
  • Jim_Harman
    To report a problem, click on Help in the top menu line then click on "Report a problem..."
  • gschlender
    gschlender Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem.
  • ereynold60
    ereynold60 Member ✭✭
    Same here.... I had HSA Bank working via Express Web Connect. Now encountering same as you
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been reported internally and a trouble ticket has been created, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. In the meantime, our teams are looking to gather data in order to investigate. To contribute to this investigation, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem in your Quicken program and submit your log files. Please include "Attn: CTP-5200" in the title/subject line.

Thank you!
    (CTP-5200)
    -Quicken Anja
  • Quicken Anja
    edited December 2022
    Hello All,

This has been reported internally and a trouble ticket has been created, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. In the meantime, our teams are still looking to gather data in order to investigate. To contribute to this investigation (if you haven't already), we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem in your Quicken program and submit your log files. Please include "Attn: CTP-5200" in the title/subject line.

Thank you!
    (CTP-5200)
    -Quicken Anja
  • Jim_Harman
    Log files sent.
  • I'm having this same issue
  • Qnut
    Qnut Member ✭✭
    same problem here too
  • JR1568
    JR1568 Member ✭✭
    Same problem for me.
  • anschutzw
    anschutzw Member ✭✭
    Yes same problem. Resetting account or adding account and linking doesn't work either. As the screen says "it's not your fault".
  • JPYoung
    JPYoung Member ✭✭
    Same problem for me.
  • Same for me, too. Reported as suggested by Quicken Anja
  • Mikey G
    Mikey G Member
    I'm also having the same issue. However, I notice HSA Bank is having issues of its own. I cannot log into HSA bank (via a web browser outside of Quicken) to transfer funds to my investment account or review transactions. I can see my balances, but all the links return "unexpected error" or an immediate "session timed out". This has been since HSA Bank forced 2FA on me on Friday 12/9/22. I wonder if these issues are not playing nice with Quicken.
  • tsmerian
    tsmerian Member
    Same problem here...
  • eghanson
    eghanson Member ✭✭
    I also have the same problem. Log files sent.
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    HSA Bank stopped downloading (CC-569) around 12/5/22... so I deactivated the acct and tried to add HSA Bank acct from the Tools, Add Account menu, now I get the "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" error. I called HSA Bank and they said on 12/6/22 they changed to a completely new online portal experience and that the new portal requires two-factor verification(2FV). I had already completed their FV setup and am able to login to their new portal... but I still cannot add an HSA Bank acct to Quicken. The HSA Bank rep said that they were having some issues transitioning to the new portal. She knew nothing about Quicken... I emphasized heavily and several times to her how important it is for me as a customer for Quicken automatic downloads to function correctly and re-emphasied for her to report this problem to her superiors. Maybe it might be helpful if more users and Quicken contact HSA Bank to stress the importance of getting this issue resolved. HSA Bank phone # is 855-731-5220.
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    Log files sent
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    Yes when I called an HSA Bank on 12/7/22 the rep told me they changed to a completely new online portal experience on 12/6... and that they are currently trying to iron out some issues with the new system. The rep had never even heard of Quicken... maybe they need to hear from more customers and Quicken to expedite a resolution
  • alvy206
    alvy206 Member
    I am getting the an error message saying that simplifi can not connect at this time....Error FDP 163....please update when this is resolved. Thank you!
  • onix
    onix Member ✭✭
    Logged in simply to say the same. Come'on quicken how flaky can you be after 20+ years in "development". You guys write the crappiest program.
  • mark320
    mark320 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    onix said:
    Logged in simply to say the same. Come'on quicken how flaky can you be after 20+ years in "development".
    I can understand when financial institutions such as HSA Bank change their login procedures - I believe they have only recently adopted two-factor authentication. However, with so many years of experience, it's not unreasonable to expect Quicken would be able to give their customers some idea as to when the issue will be resolved. Or even to post here periodic updates as to progress to resolve the problem.

Quicken has chosen to make its ability to exchange data with financial institutions a key selling point in their products. It's the feature they disable when customers stop subscribing to the service. However, when that feature becomes unavailable, we get radio-silence from Quicken. And we certainly get no accommodation when it comes time to renew our subscriptions.

I don't begrudge Quicken for not being able to connect with HSA Bank. Once that issue arises, my complaint is how Quicken chooses to treat their paying customers.

Today the "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" remains as the error message seen when I attempt to get data from HSA Bank.
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    HSA Bank stopped downloading (CC-569) around 12/5/22... so I deactivated the acct and tried to add HSA Bank acct from the Tools, Add Account menu, now I get the "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" error. I called HSA Bank and they said on 12/6/22 they changed to a completely new online portal experience and that the new portal requires two-factor verification(2FV). I had already completed their 2FV setup and am able to login to their new portal... but I still cannot add an HSA Bank acct to Quicken. The HSA Bank rep said that they were having some issues transitioning to the new portal. She knew nothing about Quicken... I emphasized heavily and several times to her how important it is for me as a customer for Quicken automatic downloads to function correctly and re-emphasied for her to report this problem to her superiors. Maybe it might be helpful if more users and Quicken contact HSA Bank to stress the importance of getting this issue resolved. HSA Bank phone # is 855-731-5220, their customer service email address is [email protected] At a minimum let's all please email HSA Bank about this. Would anyone like to post a good email to send so that we can just copy and paste and send?
  • mark320
    mark320 Member ✭✭✭
    HSA Bank phone # is 855-731-5220.
    And their customer service email address is [email protected] 
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    > @mark320 said:
    > And their customer service email address is [email protected] 

Thank you, added your comment to my post as well. Emailing would probably be more effective.

At a minimum let's all please email HSA Bank about this. Would anyone like to post a good email to send so that we can just copy and paste and send?