HSA Bank [error FDP-163:invalid Wareki Year]

HSA bank changed to 2FA and since then, Quicken is not allowing to enter in the security token to update automatically. There should be a software update to correct the problem
Error Code: Download Error (-28) CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-163:invalid Wareki Year. Script Error

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been reported internally and a trouble ticket has been created, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. In the meantime, our teams are looking to gather data in order to investigate. To contribute to this investigation, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem in your Quicken program and submit your log files. Please include "Attn: CTP-5200" in the title/subject line.

Thank you!
    (CTP-5200)
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Hello @upstatenyer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific support article regarding download error -28.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The error code FDP-163 and message "invalid Wareki year" indicates that the bank has made a security change without communicating it to Intuit as the third party aggregator and download service provider.
    AFAIK,
    • It is the bank's  contractual obligation to notify their Quicken download service provider, Intuit, of any changes to their websites and download functions in a timely manner before the change is implemented. Intuit needs a sufficient amount of lead time to review, change and test their programs, to adapt to the changes the bank makes.
    • The bank also needs to notify their customers of this change in a timely fashion and detail any actions that might be required by the customer to regain access after the change was introduced.
    • If they didn't do that, complain to your bank's office of the president.
    • You need to also contact Quicken Support via Chat or Phone at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, so that Quicken Support can escalate this issue to Intuit Inc. Just sending in problem report after report does not get the ball rolling.  Ultimately, however, the bank must initiate the call and work together with Intuit on solving this update issue.
  • Paul_Testing
    Paul_Testing Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    How do I resolve "CP_SCRIPT_ERROR Invalid Wareki year. Script Error Care Code: FDP-163" when trying to sync with HSA Bank?

First troubleshooting step was trying to reset the connection - that didn't fix the issue.
    For the next troubleshooting step, I created a new quicken file from scratch and added tried to add the HSA account but that test failed with the same error when trying to communicate with hsabank.com

What's next?
  • Paul_Testing
    Paul_Testing Member ✭✭
    Looks like HSA Bank recently implemented 2FA so that may be the problem. How long before that can be fixed?
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This has been reported internally and a trouble ticket has been created, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. In the meantime, our teams are looking to gather data in order to investigate. To contribute to this investigation, we ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem in your Quicken program and submit your log files. Please include "Attn: CTP-5200" in the title/subject line.

Thank you!
    (CTP-5200)
    -Quicken Anja
  • gschlender
    gschlender Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem.
This discussion has been closed.