Barclays Aviator Card

I am using Quicken R45.13 Windows 10 Home.
Ok here is the issue I created A created a Online Biller to Barclaycard (Yes this is the AA advantage Aviator Red Mastercard) it link to it it told me the balance and the minimum payment (The logo on Bill & Income for it it's blue vs card is black and on the search for it appears Black - just a side Line)

Everything cool it indicates Quick Pay in addition on the web site it indicates my bank account that I can make payments in my case is Chase. so everything appears to be correct.

So I summitted a a Quick Pay and everything appear to be OK
The Day of the supustly payment I received notice from Quicken that the payment Fail this is reason quicken indicated fail "Your payment was canceled because Barclaycard has locked access to your account. You may need to go to the Barclaycard website to correct any issues with your account."

I spoke with Barclays Aviator card agent and summited a payment from my Bank immediately to correct the issue and ask the agent about quicken and they indicated that Barclays do not accept online payments from Quicken

SO here is the question how it is that Quicken indicates you can do a quick pay when according to them they do not have links to quicken. So it is another place to link quicken or quicken falsely indicating that you can make payments using Quick Pay.

What is it?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't answer your specific question about why the payment failed. Many banks have already made changes to block third party data aggregators like Quicken and Intuit. Others may follow soon.
    May I offer an alternative to using Quicken Bill Pay?

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented a millenium ago) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of  having to arm-wrestle Bill Manager into making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

• regracia
    regracia Member ✭✭
    UKR I appreciate the comment I do some of that but I pay all my CC in it's totality each billing cycle however in ocaction I take advantage of free interest finance that some of them provide so there is no one quarter that goes by that I can spread payments free of interest, that allow me to create more revenue for investment, so having like you I will miss some free money opportunities. And I have been doing this from the first years of Quicken when you use print checks at home to mail.

I still think that quicken should fix or work on the ability to make easy direct electronic payments. Banks don't like that due that they want to lock customers to their services.

But the issue still stands Quicken is indicating that they can do something when in fact the bank is saying you can, so they still to fix that situation.
This discussion has been closed.