Alignment Of Printed Checks

Quicken knows that checks printed in Quicken rarely align properly. But they are unwilling to invest in fixing the code, so we all suffer.

Each time I called about this issue I was offered different advice: "verify the file and reset printer settings"; "redownload and reinstall Quicken" "It must be problem with your computer".

I finally explained to a supervisor that when I start printing checks (and I've previously set vertical and horizontal alignment settings) the first check will be 4 lines too high, the second 3 lines too high...until the 5th is aligned. And then the 6th will again be 4 lines too high, and so on. And I've changed no setting between checks printed. HE knew exactly what the problem is and what the solution is.

All of the comments about this issue in the Quicken Community are CLOSED.

Quicken knows exactly what is wrong, but they won't spend the money to fix the code.

So much for a company in the check writing business.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    tcom2 said:
    Quicken knows that checks printed in Quicken rarely align properly.
    Quicken knows exactly what is wrong, but they won't spend the money to fix the code.
    HE knew exactly what the problem is and what the solution is.
    I don't know that "rarely" is accurate. My checks have printed perfectly for decades. You are using authentic Intuit Quickbooks check stock, right?
    Clearly, the alignment options that Quicken provides are insufficient. Originally, this was a marketing strategy so users would have to buy Intuit checks, being the only checks that would work.
    My question is: you say a Quicken staffer knows what the problem and solution are, so how much do you know at this point?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if you gave us some more details about your specific issue.
    What type of checks are you using?
    What make and model of printer?
    Have you selected the Printer Type? "Page oriented" for inkjet or laser, "Continuous" for impact or line printers
    In Windows, do your printer properties default to 8.5*11" standard paper, 100% size, no Auto-forms-detect?
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the checks being used are not approved checks for Quicken. I have printed checks with Quicken since 2000, over multiple different printers. I have had to plug a alignment offset each time I have switched printers but once set it was fine.