Price increase before fixes

Jonah
Jonah Member
I received notice of an upcoming price increase. That would not disturb me so much except that it has been months since my Citibank credit card transactions come through. I have to enter every transaction manually. There should not be a price increase until this value is restored. Updates state that this is being worked on but it has been months. Let us know what is really happening. And don't increase the price of the product which has been diminished in value until it again works.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Jonah The Quicken senior executives who set Quicken's pricing do not read this forum, so I'm sorry to say you're wasting your breath here asking Quicken to offer a lower price.

However, you might benefit from calling Quicken Support to work through your problem getting Citibank credit card transactions to download. I know there have been several Citibank issues in past months, but I don't believe there is a blanket issue that no one can get any City credit card data. Customer Support might be able to help. And if not, you can ask them about getting a credit to extend your subscription due to this issue.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bpdonovan86
    bpdonovan86 Member ✭✭
    I totally agree with you regarding price increase. It is my belief that Quicken is getting a little big for their britches....... and this is after Turbo Tax last year promoted no charge to file your return electronically with them, which was not true. I believe there even was a civil case filed against them for this. Going forward when I deal with them it will be as an arms length.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @bpdonovan86 I don't understand your comment. What's the relevance of TurboTax last year to Quicken? Are you aware they are sold by two different companies? Quicken was originally owned by Intuit, the maker of TurboTax, but Quicken became an independent company nearly 7 years ago.

As for Quicken "getting a little big for their britches", that implies that Quicken has been growing significantly, and I don't think that's the case.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.