Ticket 9877306 Rocket/Quicken Loans Update problem CC-501/FDP-101

kurzwegs
kurzwegs Member ✭✭
What the ETA for for a resolution on ticket 9877306.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @kurzwegs,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

As stated in the Community Alert, we do not have an ETA available for resolution. However, you can bookmark the Alert to receive any and all update notifications as they become available. If no new information is received, then the Alert is updated weekly to indicate that the issue is still ongoing and being worked on.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • kurzwegs
    kurzwegs Member ✭✭
    (Ticket #9877306/CTP-5183)

Nope it is not fixed I just updated software Version 6.11.1 (Build 611.47285.100) and attempted to connect with Quicken Loans again.
    I have also attempted to re-setup the account as well.
    I have sent the errors via the app.

Getting
    Care Code: FDP-101

Details:
    CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
    General error. General Script Error
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello again,

If you are still experiencing this error after the Alert has been marked resolved then we advise that you please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2cents' worth …
    I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment from your checking account. 
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up like credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• kurzwegs
    kurzwegs Member ✭✭
    Hey UKR, Thanks for the feedback and great suggestion...I am a Quicken Mac user btw. QLs was working for years right up until the update before the last 2 builds. Build 611.47285.100 was supposed to fix it.
    QL forced 2 factor authentication and it seems that Quicken devops hasn't caught on to this yet.

best regards and
    happy holidays
This discussion has been closed.