Update pushed 12/18 hangs my Quicken

Greg Lampe
Greg Lampe Member ✭✭✭
Another day.  Another problem.  Yesterday when I did my one step update I saw there was a new patch release.  I didn't take it but this morning when I started Quicken the update was installed.  Now when I start Quicken the program comes up and displays the normal startup screen (for me the budget) but then the program just hangs with a spinning cursor.  It I click on the screen I get the "not responding" Windows dialog.  I selected "wait for program" and after 10 minutes I gave up.  Started it again and same thing.  I reinstalled 27.1.45.13 and when I started Quicken it hung loading the most recent data file.  Restored my backup from yesterday and I am up and running, but very frustrated!

Comments

• Greg Lampe
    Greg Lampe Member ✭✭✭
    Small update.  All wasn't quite well with my restore.  When I ran "one step update" all 5 of my Bank of America accounts came up as "deleted" with the red circle/line icon next to the account in the account list.  I "deactivated" and "reactivated" one of the accounts and all 5 came back.
  • Small update.  All wasn't quite well with my restore.  When I ran "one step update" all 5 of my Bank of America accounts came up as "deleted" with the red circle/line icon next to the account in the account list.  I "deactivated" and "reactivated" one of the accounts and all 5 came back.
    Hello @Greg Lampe,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with hanging and freezing. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, where is your current active data file being stored? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is being stored locally, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service. These locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.