Downloaded Transactions Clear Splits

dan.nees
dan.nees Member
When I manually downloaded transactions from my credit union today I inadvertently forgot to filter the download to the past week. As a result there were over 800 transactions downloaded into Quicken, which I easily remedied by deleting the downloads for those transactions outside my 1-week window. Unfortunately, however, when I went back to the previously-downloaded transactions for my paycheck, each of the paychecks for all of the past years lost their splits (i.e., tax withholding, 401(k) transfers, insurance withholding, etc). Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a way that I can quickly create a set of splits and copy those into the old transactions that were wiped? Between my and my wife's paychecks, re-entering the splits is going to be tedious and wasteful of my time, but if I don't all of accounts affected by these splits are going to have inaccurate balances.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully you have Quicken set up to make a backup each time you shut down Quicken.  If that's the case then restore the 12/17 backup which presumably has all your transactions in it up to that date, and start from there.  Much easier than trying to recreate years' worth of transactions.
This discussion has been closed.