Elan Fidelity Accounts Missing Cents in Amount (QMAC)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Issue with QFX Imports.

Comments

• rajq18qUi
    rajq18qUi Member ✭✭
    Same issue with Quicken for Mac - online updates drops the cents from the online balance amount. Reconciliation doesn’t work as a result.
  • rajq18qUi
    rajq18qUi Member ✭✭
    Online updates of Fidelity Rewards / Elan drops the cents from the online balance amount so shows ".00". Reconciliation doesn’t work as a result because the downloaded online balance is wrong. The reconciliation now shows it is off by an amount equal to the cents that should be there instead of the “.00” - this began 12/06/22 was the last date it worked properly for me. By 12/12/22 the error was affecting my reconciliation.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I have not reconciled recently, but I am seeing this also in the register:

FI name for downloads is "Fidelity Rewards Credit Card". 

You should click menu Help > Report a Problem and submit this. I have already done so. 

The workaround for now will be to use the reconcile against statement balance instead of online balance for now.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. 

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. 

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Windows: 

This evening the Elan Financial setup updated the Fidelity Rewards Visa Card account correctly...downloaded a new transaction, the Online Balance included cents (no cents were included yesterday) and Reconciliation worked perfectly.

The Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup, however, did not update the Fidelity Rewards Visa Card correctly...did not download the new transactions, the Online Balance still did not include cents and Reconciliation failed.

Since the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card website is essentially a mirror of what happens on the Elan Financial website I'm assuming that there is a delay in getting the same results there...at least that is what has happened in the past.  I'll check again in the morning to see if anything has changed.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R44.20 on Windows 11)
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning (with Windows):  The Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection did not update the account, again.

Does QMac have an Elan Financial Services financial institution available?  If so, those having issues with the Fidelity Rewards connection might want to try setting up your Fidelity credit card with Elan Financial, instead.  In Windows the Elan Financial connection worked flawlessly, again.  Historically, the Elan Financial connection is much more reliable than the Fidelity Rewards connection and when issues do occur they tend to get fixed relatively quickly.  
    (QW Premier Subscription: R44.20 on Windows 11)
This discussion has been closed.