Canadian cheque format

Kevin Dean
Kevin Dean Member ✭✭
I have a bunch of wallet cheques that conform to the Canadian Payments Association Banking Standard 006 (see image). Despite selecting Canada as the check style, the printed cheques still come out in US format with the payee name above the written amount instead of below it as required in Canada.

I just got off the phone with Quicken Support who basically told me that that's just the way it is.

This is outrageous. You can't advertise something as a Canadian product if it doesn't support minimum Canadian functionality. Pringing cheques is a basic feature!!!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to cover all bases ... AFAIK, Q Mac US and Canadian versions are now combined into one. Did you select the correct country?
    If you did and it still does not print correctly, then this will have to be reported as a bug.
    Please let us know if changing the Country selection (somewhere in Q settings) makes a difference.
  • Kevin Dean
    Kevin Dean Member ✭✭
    "Sidebar home currency" is set to "Canadian Dollar", "Show features for" is set to "Canada", and when I go in to print the cheques, and when I go into the "Print Checks" dialog, I select "Check Style" as "Canada".

How does this get reported as a bug?

It seems I forgot the cheque image in my post. Here it is.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What cheque style selections do you have? My records indicate there should be a "Wallet check" (old style) and a "Wallet cheque - Image ready" (new style).
    An image of an actual cheque showing the misprinted information, would have been more helpful. Of course, you'd have to make up a John Doe sample and black out your personal information ...
  • Kevin Dean
    Kevin Dean Member ✭✭
    I have "Wallet Cheque - Image ready". My stock is recent; my last order was June of this year, and I ordered these:

https://www.asap-cheques.com/computer-laser-cheques/products/wallet-3-per-page-classic-security-blue

You can see the difference between these (the Canadian standard) and what Quicken wants to print against by clicking "Show Sample Paper" in the "Print" dialog. A zoom in of the Quicken sample shows that "Pay to the Order Of" is at the top instead of the bottom. See attached image.
This discussion has been closed.