Multiple issues With BillPay and more

Quicken is becoming useless for me. I have been a user for 20 years but last year i decided to use all the features- especially Bill pay. The frustration level mounts daily. As of now, I have many accounts I can't pay with Quick Pay, others that won't download transactions, and some that are simply not available for that biller. Big billers, not little guys. Here's a running count:

Synchrony/ Amazon- known issue that was resolved? no, it isn't
Target Red Card- both Quicken and Target blame each other
Liberty Water NY -new billing system is not updated in Quicken-they blamed the Water co
Kohls - Quicken reports that the billing site is locked, but it's not.
National Grid - stopped downloading statements-I manually get the amount to pay
Bank of America- requires a code to download transactions every time- getting common
Venmo- wont download- same issue as above
PayPal doesn't download saving account balances
Citi MasterCard often refuses to download transactions
Apple card transactions need to be manually downloaded and paid through the website

So, 10 of 14 accounts don't operate as designed so I pay for extra check pay slots to stay within the program. That also requires me to send it out a week early to arrive on time. It's becoming clear that Quicken does not have the ability to get past all the security hoops that the banks and vendors put up- there's something new weekly.

In addition, a maddening issue between Fidelity and Quicken - Quicken is unable to match transactions because Fidelity truncates the check number assigned by QuickPay from 90101 to 101! I get duplicate transactions for every QuickPay transaction that must be deleted manually. Both blame the other party.

The time and effort required to keep it straight are not worth paying $84+ a year. I have made calls to tech support for virtually all of these issues, but fixes are not forthcoming. Even when it is the vendor's fault you would think Quicken would have a vested interest in prodding them to update or fix an issue. It's killing me because the reporting capabilities, the all-in-one aspect of the program, the connection to Turbo Tax, were the main draws for me. It seems that By April I will need to find a new way to do it- probably straight though Fidelity even though the registers and reports suck, and the interface is just as bad. There I feel better. No, actually I don't. Like I started out saying, Quicken is becoming useless.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of  having to arm-wrestle Bill Manager into making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

This discussion has been closed.