I have had my account locked out several times, and it appears to be related to my running a VPN. The CORRECT user ID and password returns an "Invalid credentials" log in error. I checked other discussions and it seems I am not alone. With a Windows laptop, Chromebook, and Android phone using Quicken apps, this has become problematic. Given that a large number of Internet users are using VPNs these days, please make Quicken apps VPN friendly.

Comments

• JohnWells said:
    I have had my account locked out several times, and it appears to be related to my running a VPN. The CORRECT user ID and password returns an "Invalid credentials" log in error. I checked other discussions and it seems I am not alone. With a Windows laptop, Chromebook, and Android phone using Quicken apps, this has become problematic. Given that a large number of Internet users are using VPNs these days, please make Quicken apps VPN friendly.
    Hello @JohnWells,  

I am sorry about this issue with the invalid credentials message. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

I have investigated the situation further, and uncovered an internal error in your account that will require contacting Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the best path forward given the circumstances. 

I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JohnWells
    JohnWells Member ✭✭
    Jared, I contacted Quicken support and they advised me that my login issues are due to running a VPN. My account was flagged for multiple login attempts from different IP addresses. Duh, that's to be expected when using a VPN. I reiterated to the customer service rep what I said in my OP, Quicken needs make their login process VPN friendly.
    I have a new Pixel 7 Pro and Google is actually providing a free built-in VPN to Pixel 7 owners. A lot of security conscious Internet users are adopting using a VPN. Regarding my Pixel 7 phone, I opted to keep using my paid for NordVPN over their free one as it is more flexible and robust.
    The advice I was given by Quicken support is to turn off my VPN whenever I want to login to Quicken on all devices. My bank, credit card, and investment accounts companies do not require that. Time for Quicken to get their act together.
This discussion has been closed.