LPL Quicken download file missing shares?

MGuy
MGuy Member
edited February 4 in Investing (Windows)
I have a Quicken subscription for Windows and through a financial advisor have investments held at LPL Financial. LPL has a "Home" page called Account View, it has a link that allows me to download transaction and quantities to Quicken, Starting at the end of October, after making the download/update, my Quicken program popped up a warning window for "Transactions not downloaded" for several accounts the warning stated that Quicken has XXXX more shares than the brokerage for (9999136) - a money market account. When I checked the LPL accounts I found that the listed shares for (9999136) exactly matches the amount in my Quicken program.
I contacted my financial advisor and she opened a problem case with LPL.. An investigation was done and no errors were found in the LPL system. Two files were provided to me, one a document and the second a qfx file. The files are supposed to have information so Quicken can investigate on its end. I contacted Quicken Support and I believe representative Hortal ??, I was not able to understand or confirm his name was not able to provide any help at all. He has never heard of LPL. He stated that I need to contact the LPL OFX department. I told him I had the two files, from LPL, and he stated that if he tries to escalate anything it will be ignored, He said my only option was to contact Quicken Community. He said he would email me a link but it never appeared in my in box.
I am a little surprised that there is no official way to report a problem to Quicken. If anyone knows how my issue can get to a knowledgeable and caring Quicken representative, please advise.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you may be experiencing the known issue with 45.xx versions, securities comparison mismatch. See this discussion for details and a workaround.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7923420/after-r45-7-upgrade-securities-show-securities-comparison-mismatch-multiple-fis-edited#latest

Edit to add:

Within the linked discussion there is an answer from @Quicken Anja that mentions Quicken is aware of this issue and will be working on a fix. Here is a link to that answer:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20313307/#Comment_20313307

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • MGuy
    MGuy Member
    Thanks very much!! I followed the directions and have installed the patch, so hopefully the program will work properly. I am still puzzled and troubled that Quicken Support reps have much less knowledge, especially about known problems or maybe are only there to answer the simplest problems and blow off any that are more difficult ? I am upset with Quicken and now have a much lower opinion of the company. However, I do like the program and am very grateful for your help.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MGuy said:
    I am still puzzled and troubled that Quicken Support reps have much less knowledge, especially about known problems or maybe are only there to answer the simplest problems and blow off any that are more difficult ? 

It is troubling that the support reps don’t know about known issues like this one. The support reps likely have a small amount of training and scripts to follow, but they haven’t used Quicken for 20+ years like a lot of the super users who answer questions here on the forums. Plus, the super users have a special area of the forum that is not public where we compare notes and share info on issues like this one. 

It seems logical to me that the Quicken moderators here would feed that info back to customer support, but that does not appear to happen very often. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MGuy said:
    Thanks very much!! I followed the directions and have installed the patch, so hopefully the program will work properly. … 
    To the best of my knowledge, the patches to R45 through R45.21 have not addressed the comparison mismatch issue. It will be interesting to get your confirmation or correction on that. 
  • MGuy
    MGuy Member
    q_lurker I have to confirm that the patch did not work, the comparison mismatch still exists.
This discussion has been closed.