Double Entries

Since Chase changed the rules on how Quicken for Mac members can pay bills, I have been using the Bill Pay option. But now when I update my accounts, some bills show up twice, and the double entry reduces the "Balance" twice. It shows up as a "Bill Late"(?) even though the bill has been paid. I can manually delete those entries, but how can I prevent this from happening in the first place? I have attached a screen shot of what it looks like.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @kalexus,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and describing your issue here, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and see if you are seeing duplicate schedules for these bills in there?

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • kalexus
    kalexus Member ✭✭
    I am not
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried dragging the red icon - marked uncategorized transaction over the one with the correct category or Split?
    For some reason, Quicken does not seem to be able to auto-match the downloaded transaction to the already existing register transaction.
  • kalexus
    kalexus Member ✭✭
    I tried doing the drag suggestion but no result. It appears that the entry is showing both the due date and the deliver date if they are different. But again, both entries remain even after the due/delivery date and thus decreases the total amount twice.
  • kalexus
    kalexus Member ✭✭
    FYI - just did my January bills and the same things is happening. 4 entries showing both the transaction and again as a scheduled transaction, and both affect the balance. And after the bill is paid and reported, the scheduled transaction remains. See attached image. Very very frustrating!!