Category List Double Click Frustration

When in the Category List window and I double click a category, I expect it to pop-up the edit window, not apply the selected category to whatever was highlighted in the register I'm not paying attention to in the background. Additionally, it would be great if the Category List was a built-in tab and not a pop-up window.
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The action on double click in the Category List does seem odd. It appears to start a new transaction in the previous register with the selected Category.

You can right click on the category in the Category list to edit it.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Especially since "Use" is not an item in the right-click menu of a category in the list. To be at least plausible, Use should be in bold in that menu, indicating it's the default for a double-click.
    This violates GUI design tenet #1452: Do not surprise the user. (OK, I made up the number but the tenet is real.)
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Concur. It would be better if a Double-click on a category in Tools / Category List would bring the Edit menu.
    In many years of using Quicken for Windows, how come no one ever mentioned this before?