Connection to Chase

Sybrsean
Sybrsean Member ✭✭
Message today:
Quicken Jasmine just added a comment in Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues: RESOLVED 12/27/22 Chase - "Sign into Chase bank failed. Try again."
RESOLVED 12/27/22 This issue has now been resolved. We will leave this Alert available for those who require it. Thank you!

This has NOT been resolved.

I tried without changing anything.
I tried with Chase cookies cleared.
I tried deactivating the Chase link and re-activating.

All I get is the Chase page which is a blue bar at the top and their logo. The rest of the page is white. The "Sign into Chase" dialog box via Quicken just comes back and says it failed. It never connects.

I tried a different browser (firefox) and finally was able to see what accounts to link, but when I chose them again the Quicken Dialog box timed out.

When I tried again now were back to a white/blank Chase page and timing out with the Quicken Dialog box. The same problems that's been there for MONTHS.

EDIT: Trying over and over I evntually was able to get Firefox to get me through the process - however could never make it work on a Chromium based browser (Brave).

Comments

• Hello @Sybrsean,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

If you are still experiencing an issue/error after the alert has been marked resolved, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support for more assistance as an escalation may need to occur. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • kopavi
    kopavi Member ✭✭
    This has NOT been resolved. I have attempted all of the fixes shown below by @Sybrsean and have not had any success. The Chase handoff back to Quicken continues to timeput on Quicken using Firefox. Did anyone actually attempt to verify the fix at Quicken? 4 months and counting - pretty sad.

I tried without changing anything.
    I tried with Chase cookies cleared.
    I tried deactivating the Chase link and re-activating.

All I get is the Chase page which is a blue bar at the top and their logo. The rest of the page is white. The "Sign into Chase" dialog box via Quicken just comes back and says it failed. It never connects.

I tried a different browser (firefox) and finally was able to see what accounts to link, but when I chose them again the Quicken Dialog box timed out.

When I tried again now were back to a white/blank Chase page and timing out with the Quicken Dialog box. The same problems that's been there for MONTHS.
  • kkcushing
    kkcushing Member ✭✭
    Amen! Couldn't agree more. The automaton like answers given are disappointing.
  • kopavi
    kopavi Member ✭✭
    Wasted another hour:

1. Deleting Firefox (latest version) cookies for Chase.

2. Removed shared access with Quicken on the Chase website under their security settings tab.

3 Everytime I attempt to Activate One Step Update on Quicken it opens Firefox to the Chase website and after I enter my credentials and select the account I'm attempting to activate, the Chase website sends me an email letting me know I have agreed to share my information with Quicken then the Firefox tab tells me I can close the window.

4. Back on the Quicken application the circle in motion keeps spinning until it times out and indicates "Sign into Chase bank failed. Try Again."

5. THE OBVIOUS ERROR IS WHEN CHASE HAND OVER THE FILE BACK TO QUICKEN AND QUICKEN IS UNABLE TO EXECUTE THE CODE PROVIDED DURING THIS HANDOFF. I HAVE LOOKED FOR .XML FILES THAT MAY NOT HAVE EXECUTED TO NO AVAIL. A programmer should be able to toggle through the code and easily detect why the handoff from Chase is failing.

The man in charge at Quicken is @ericcwdunn on Twitter. He doesn't seem to care either.
  • This is not resolved, i'd like to cancel my subscription
  • quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue with Chase and Elan.  Microsoft Edge Browser.
  • etaylor
    etaylor Member
    Same Issue. I am also going to cancel my service. This is absurd.
  • Mrelotoe
    Mrelotoe Member
    Same issue here. Unresolved. I just purchased my subscription. If I cannot connect my chase accounts then I will have to cancel.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • I gave up Quicken 5 years ago and decided to try again because of a promotion. I now recall why I gave up. Reading all these comments I can see that the same issues that started back then are continuing. I have been using Personal Capital without download issue. Looks like this was a mistake, I've waister two days of my life. Need to figure out how to cancel and get my money back.
  • JeffinPTC
    JeffinPTC Member ✭✭
    Here's how I resolved connection issues.
    Evidently, QW does not play well with Brave, etc.

1. Open Chrome.
    2. Make Chrome "default browser". Search for "Default browser" if you don't see a prompt when you open Chrome.
    3.Go back to Q and run the setup by right clicking on your account details or going to "online services" in the dropdown from
    the gear icon in upper right.
    4. run the setup, which should now open in Chrome.
    5. Reset "default browser" to Brave.

Works good. but who knows how long it will last or why its AFU to begin with.

YMMV

Jeff
  • kopavi
    kopavi Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your input Jeff. I had been using Brave and Firefox. I loaded Chrome as my default, crossed my fingers and attempted to activate my Chase Credit Card in Quicken. Unfortunatly, the result was the same and failed.

In my case I also had to take the steps of deactivating my VPN and Trend Micro Security to see if that made a difference (it did not but when I update the Quicken program it won't work unless Trend MIcro is deactivated).

I also deactivated sharing on the Chase website and attempted the activation again. Again it failed.

I sent my logs to Quicken on Monday but the Quicken boat is leaking and paddling uphill. Any actual work-around will actually come from customers like you.

Four months now for many of us.
  • JeffinPTC
    JeffinPTC Member ✭✭
    FWIW,
    I use the onboard W11 Windows Security and no VPN.
    I agree about the leaking boat. It seems things like this are happening more often. And I've given up on "Bills." At least half of my Bills never update.
  • Michael Zierdt
    Michael Zierdt Member ✭✭✭
    I have to manually download from Chase because even though I have tried for months after Quicken told me to relink the account for one-step update, I just tried and was sent to Chase and got "Your accounts have been authorized successfully!" when I go back to Quicken just get a spinner "Sign in to Chase Bank Failed.
    Did get an email from Chase saying "You've agreed to share data with Quicken" and "Quicken will access your account information securely, so you don't need to share your username and password."
    Not confidence building in a program I want to trust to manage all my finances fails with Chase for months and started failing with Fifth Third the past few days.
  • tward
    tward Member
    i am having the same issue with Chase and it has been going on for months. I will have to cancel my account.
  • kenkud
    kenkud Member
    Having the same problem with Chase. For two or three months through December, was getting an update email from Jasmine saying issue still unresolved. So far no January update and online found one update indicating resolved and then another indicating still unresolved. How about some decent customer communication? It shouldn't be necessary for the customer to spend hours looking for updates and solutions over and over again once they've indicated they have a problem with something. A simple signup list of email addresses for notices about a known problem to keep customers informed on a regular basis is a simple way to enhance customer service.
  • Arpit
    Arpit Member ✭✭✭
    What **** response from Quicken Jasmine - who clearly is aware of the this on-going issue with this open threat that still has not been resolved. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20320610#Comment_20320610

This has been a problem for over 3-months now.