Quicken is painfully slow (R45.21 Build 27.1.45.21

I used to log into QUICKen to QUICKly enter bills for the day. No more, now I have to schedule time for Quicken entries - when I have time to wait on Quicken to complete display of my keystrokes AND time to slow down everything else running on the system. Quicken brings my machine to a crawl. Not when a virus scan or background update or anything else is running, but just when Quicken itself is running. No more rebooting my machine when I experience performance issues!! Just shutdown Quicken. This is absurd - I could never out-type Quicken in the past, and it worked perfectly. Can you guys go back to the 2021 version? I would give up every enhancement for a version that was reliable and QUICK. :(

Comments

• I used to log into QUICKen to QUICKly enter bills for the day. No more, now I have to schedule time for Quicken entries - when I have time to wait on Quicken to complete display of my keystrokes AND time to slow down everything else running on the system. Quicken brings my machine to a crawl. Not when a virus scan or background update or anything else is running, but just when Quicken itself is running. No more rebooting my machine when I experience performance issues!! Just shutdown Quicken. This is absurd - I could never out-type Quicken in the past, and it worked perfectly. Can you guys go back to the 2021 version? I would give up every enhancement for a version that was reliable and QUICK. :(
    Hello @QWnotMuchLonger,   

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance. 

Do you leave the program open when it is not in use? Also, are you noticing high CPU usage when and if you close the program through Task Manager? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gostag
    gostag Member
    "> @"Quicken Jared" said:
    > Hello @QWnotMuchLonger,   
    >
    > I am sorry about this problem ........ Also, are you noticing high CPU usage when and if you close the program through Task Manager? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.......

> Quicken Jared "

That's an awful lot of work you would like us to do, for what amounts to a Quicken problem. Why not solve the problem on your end? It is really getting on my nerves.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @gostag,
    gostag said:
    That's an awful lot of work you would like us to do, for what amounts to a Quicken problem. Why not solve the problem on your end? It is really getting on my nerves.
    Please be aware that per protocol it is required to perform specific troubleshooting steps first before we are able to escalate issues to higher levels/tiers. These troubleshooting steps also help us diagnose and eliminate different potential causes.

Additionally, our escalation teams check to make sure proper troubleshooting steps are taken before an escalation was filed. Without performing the necessary steps first, an escalation would be rejected by our escalation team.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
  • > @"Quicken Anja" said:
    > Hello @gostag,
    > Please be aware that per protocol it is required to perform specific troubleshooting steps first before we are able to escalate issues to higher levels/tiers. These troubleshooting steps also help us diagnose and eliminate different potential causes.
    >
    > Additionally, our escalation teams check to make sure proper troubleshooting steps are taken before an escalation was filed. Without performing the necessary steps first, an escalation would be rejected by our escalation team.
    >
    > Thank you!

I think it's equally important to understand the problem before going to your script for resolutions. It does not appear to have anything to do with "online" or "downloading". I'm just trying to enter something in the register. Or edit a scheduled transaction. Or select a different account. Or pretty much anything at all that involves Quicken having to "think or do". I'll go through the song and dance to humor you and aggravate myself, but we all know that's likely going to do nothing more than add to the frustration. If it does fix the issue, then perhaps Quicken should look at what the incremental updates are doing to corrupt your own software installation. It will take less time to perform all your step of uninstalling and removing directories that it takes to do a One Step Update, and less time than it took me to edit a scheduled transaction earlier.
This discussion has been closed.