Provide way to apply "as of" date to transactions saved in Tax Planner scenarios

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
Allowing the tax planner to save scenarios with data as of a certain date would allow those who need to track estimated taxes to track them easier, especially for those with differing amounts each estimated tax quarter.
Deluxe R44.20, Windows 10 Pro
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can already do this by setting up Reminders for upcoming transactions. The Tax Planner will include the Reminders in its estimates.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Not sure I understand your suggestion.  I understand the tax planner can include scheduled transactions.  However, for example, if I want to run a tax planner report on 4/10 that includes data only up to 3/31 .  How do I accomplish that?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Sorry, I was assuming that you wanted to see future projections.

Could you please explain how you would use this partial year Tax Planner report? I don't think you would want the Planner to assume that your income and payments would be zero for the rest of the year.

If you want to see your year to date taxable income and payments, you can of course set the appropriate date range for one of the Tax reports.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I would use the data for quarterly estimated tax planning.  Currently, I save a scenario each quarter with the Projected Value being my 4th quarter.  Fortunately, Quicken apparently saves the scenario info as of the date the scenario was created. However, if I'm late creating a scenario, it would be good to be able to request an as of date for a scenario.  Currently, I input any known yearly quantities into the tax planner, that gives me a good starting point for estimated taxes.  However, capital gains distributions often varies a lot from year to year and quarter to quarter.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1
    Another reason to implement this capability.  As of 1/1/2023, data for 2022 is lost from Tax Planner reports as Quicken changes projected data value for 2023which makes Tax Planner useless for last qtr estimated taxes.  If there were a way to tell Quicken to create the tax planner report based on an as of date (understandably only 1 year back), this would not be an issue.
  • hmorton71
    hmorton71 Member ✭✭
    I agree that now that it is 2023 yr I tried to get last year tax planner data and it does not go back to year 2022. I need capability to finish the 2022 report on this first day in 2023. I use to be able to get this last year data from the tax planner, what happened to last years data for the tax planner?
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1
    You may want to add your vote (above) for this feature enhancement request.