Bugs! Obviously!

I have used Quicken for over 25 years and never had an issue with it until this last year. I cannot even open any file from my hard drive or my other storage places. All I get is invalid file. I go to a backup and lose all my recent data, but as soon as I try to update any accounts, including stocks, etc. the program shuts itself down. I have spent hours with Customer Support and still no help. They don't know what to do either. I have random line items put in on my register from months ago, stuck in July, but with today's date on them and although it doesn't change my totals, No one can tell me why or how to get rid of them. Deleting them does not work. I know it is a bug and I noticed it when I would balance my account to the penny one month and then the next month the opening balance for Reconcile of my checking account is off by over $500 in Quicken. No one can tell me why. I even put it on a new computer, and it opened the files once but only once and froze up again and now I can't get into anything. And now it has thousands of loss dollars showing in the registry which obviously are not true. This is so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup? Are you syncing to the Quicken Cloud (Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web)?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.