Trouble with Navy Federal

:# My spouse and I both have accounts at Navy Federal under our own access IDs. This worked great for quite a while with Quicken. Then things started breaking. WeI quit using Quicken for a year or so because it was too inconvenient. Now, trying again... I can get my Navy Federal accounts into Quicken just fine, but can't get hers to come in as well. Or, I can't attach to her Navy Federal accounts, but can't get mine to come in as well. What is the trick to attach to two Navy Federal access IDs? I am using Premier V R45.21, Build 27.1.45.21
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @MarkS89,

There has been an Open Alert regarding NFCU and these types of downloading issues since November 1, 2022 - see this LINK.  As far as I can tell there has been little or no progress - in other words these issues still have not been fixed.  I, too am frustrated that some of my accounts can no longer download transactions.  As far as the do "not contact NFCU" part, I can't say that I saw that before now, but I have to assume that the ball is clearly in Quicken's court.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to get both your wife's and your accounts linked. 

First do Add Account for your accounts using your own login credentials.  When prompted, select Add the downloads to add the accounts to Quicken.  (If your accounts are already set up in Quicken as manual accounts, select Link to the existing accounts, instead.)

After your accounts are set up for download, repeat the same process for your wife's accounts using her login credentials.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R44.20 on Windows 11)
  • LWB-PAX
    LWB-PAX Member
    It goes through the motions and seems to be working, but it will not find any accounts after entering the second set of credentials. Frustrating because it seems it should work.
  • xssnco
    xssnco Member ✭✭✭
    You are absolutely correct. It should work!!! I am experiencing the same issue. Quicken has not been able to fix this since forever. I have 9 accounts with NFCU...Quicken will not download from a checking account or Visa account. This is one of the largest credit unions in the world yet Quicken cannot or will not fix this problem. 
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @xssnco and @LWB-PAX,

I am seeing similar download problems - not all accounts are affected but this problem has been on-going for a long time.  I have tried resetting accounts and that does not fix things, or may work for a very short time.  The odd thing that I have noted, is that the "online balances" (displayed at the bottom of the register) for all accounts (even those that no longer download transactions) seem to be current and correct.  Are you also seeing that?

BTW @xssnco - unless something has changed very recently - my understanding is that NFCU is THE LARGEST credit union in the world.  Which, I agree, would make one think that these issues would be a top priority...  SMH

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    Hi @LWB-PAX

On your original issue of getting both your and your spouse's accounts to connect.  One principle that I have followed is to make sure that you connect any joint accounts one time.  In other words, you should designate one spouse that will download all joint accounts - in addition to their individually-held account, or accounts.  The other spouse should download ONLY their individually-held accounts.  My experience has been that this works (or at least it has worked for me for many, many years).

If you haven't taken this approach, you might want to deactivate all accounts - close down Quicken - and then restart Quicken and then re-connect the accounts following the above guidance.  It won't fix the other download-related issues mentioned in the above posts, but it should allow you to get all your accounts connected.

Please let me know if you have any questions on anything above.

Frankx

• LWB-PAX
    LWB-PAX Member
    This helps me understand that my problem is not just me. I have my various workarounds that are similar to you. However, it seems that this ought to be an easy solution since it worked well until 1.5 years ago. I also am aware that NFCU is now the largest CU.
  • MarkS89
    MarkS89 Member ✭✭
    edited January 17
    I am having mixed success downloading from NFCU. Some accounts are working okay, but I can't add new accounts that I recently created at NFCU. Keep getting CC-501 error and it says try again later and not to contact NFCU!!!!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @MarkS89,

There has been an Open Alert regarding NFCU and these types of downloading issues since November 1, 2022 - see this LINK.  As far as I can tell there has been little or no progress - in other words these issues still have not been fixed.  I, too am frustrated that some of my accounts can no longer download transactions.  As far as the do "not contact NFCU" part, I can't say that I saw that before now, but I have to assume that the ball is clearly in Quicken's court.

Frankx