Quicken Issues [Edited]

bkeith
bkeith Member ✭✭
As I sit here with a frozen Quicken for the umpteenth time, I figured I pen my grievances [Removed - Rant]:

1) updates work less than 50% of the time. I spend half of my time trying to troubleshoot why a certain connection doesn't work.
2) [Removed - Disruptive] When I open windows within Quicken, many windows are stuck at a setting some developer had and not to my previous setting. [Removed - Disruptive] When I am updating with one step update and it hangs, I have no way to stop it within the system other than killing the program. [Removed - Disruptive]
3) Individual downloaded transactions take way longer than they should to process. These are tiny additions to a register. Why does it take 30 seconds to go through?

[Removed - Rant]

Answers

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Today is the final straw. I'm ready to go back to spreadsheets. 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today is the final straw. I'm ready to go back to spreadsheets. 
    It is a good time to start a fresh set of records, it being the first of the year.

-splasher  using Q continuously since 1996 -  Subscription Quicken  -  Win11
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • still cannot update, terrible way to start new year
  • bob323
    bob323 Member
    edited January 4
    [Removed - Rant]
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your Quicken Deluxe is 2014 - 2017, you won't be able to get it to function unless you save the QUICKEN.ini file from the previous installation.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • bkeith
    bkeith Member ✭✭
    edited January 5
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • bkeith
    bkeith Member ✭✭
    edited January 21
    [Removed - Rant/Speculation]
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21
    [Removed - Off Topic]
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • bhennessey60
    bhennessey60 Member ✭✭
    Installed the Friday update and still not working. Very frustrating, has not worked since Monday.
This discussion has been closed.