Twice Per month Calculation Error

I use the calendar feature to plan my cash flow and see future changes to my account balances by entering Bill Reminders. This works well except there is a calculation error by Quicken for transfers that happen twice per month frequency. It schedules the payment correctly, but it deducted twice the amount scheduled. For example, let's say I am transferring $500 on 1st and 15th of the month. The calendar is doing a calculation of $1,000 to be withdrawn on the 1st and 15th of the month instead of ONLY $500 at each date on the calendar. When you actually transfer the funds it enters the correct amount. So basically, the numbers in the calendar are always off going forward. Please let me now if you have a fix.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't you simply input 2 reminders ... one for the 1st of the month and one for the 15th?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Affinity41
    Affinity41 Member ✭✭
    It could be done that way - yes. But why can't Quicken work correctly for a software I am paying to function correctly. If this error happened for something that needed to done every week, I would need to have four (4) reminders setup instead of a single one that has the correct functionality. I am making it work for now, but it is clearly a coding problem that someone setup wrong on code side of things.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using my Quicken Release R45.21, I have added a reminder as you stated, $500 twice a month on 1st and 15th, beginning 2/1/23. The Calendar shows both entries correctly, as far as I can see.
    Can you show us both the Calendar and the Scheduled Reminder's Edit Transfer Reminder dialog?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.