Quicken upgrade

ddrewz4
ddrewz4 Member
edited February 2023 in Before you Buy
What is the difference between quicken 2017 home and business and quicken 2022 home and business? Do I really need to upgrade? I am running Windows 8.1 as well.

thanks

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to download and import transactions from financial institutions is the big thing and using QMobile/QWeb.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that, since Quicken 2017 is no longer a supported version, at some point your ability to use it and access your data file will very likely cease.  People are reporting this is happening with pre-subscription versions for 2014-2017, primarily when for some reason the program needs to be reinstalled.  It is my understanding that if the Config folder is available to copy from the old installation to the new installation then the reinstalled program will work.  So, it might be a good idea to copy that folder to a non-local backup location now.  But if that folder is not available (for example, because the hard drive crashed), then the only way to get access to the data file is to upgrade to Quicken Subscription.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.