1/4/23 OLU Update fixes NOT RESOLVED - fixes not updating account balances since 1/1/23

Starting new discussion to try to get Quicken's attention. Since the 1/1/23 debacle of OLU not working, moderator posts are saying the issue has been resolved for many users. While it may be true that transactions are being downloaded again, and less slowly now, there is still an issue with Quicken not updating the online blance it displays below transactions and for use in Reconciling. That value does not seem to have been updated since 1/1/23 in several of my accounts.
Attemtping Reset in the account not only does not fix the problem, but after going through a whole new Setup process it sets the account online balance to ZERO and no longer even displays an online balance below the register.
I want to make sure your engineers are aware of this, as part of their 'fix' seems to be making things worse in other areas.

Comments

• Yo204
    Yo204 Member
    Same issue with bank transaction downloads!
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    I had the same issue and accounts appear to be updating as of 1/3/23
    to correct issues with the mobile app i had to reset all accounts. have had you 0 balance issue on deactivating so I stayed away from that. Once I had to go through a long register to make corrections manually to match the bank.

NOW, one step summary does not show accounts and the status of the downloads. I did go into each accounts .com to check transactions/balance and they matched but Q doesnt reflect this in the summary. the accounts do update

the account list also does not reflect the last time/date of downloads.

I AGREE. the engineers to continue with the original problem earlier this week and realize there was a domino effect within the program.

I did a reset on all accounts and fixed an issue with the mobile app.
  • atv97
    atv97 Member
    Capital One credit card downloads and updates still not working. Tried setting up in the account and then as a new account. Just hangs where it is trying access the account with CO. Over a week and still not working. Will we be getting some sort of refund from Quicken being we have not been able to use a major feature of this app? No, we will just get a dozen notices when our accounts are ready to be renewed. Never had these issues before Quicken was sold.
  • LEO2821
    LEO2821 Member
    Before the announcement of wide-spread OSU issues, I stupidly disconnected by Chase accounts from Quicken. I am now unable to reconnect my Chase accounts to Quicken. Quicken returns the error "Sign into Chase bank failed. Try again. Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or connection error. Select Sign In to authenticate via your web browser." I've reached out to Quicken support. Will post any reply from them here.
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    dont feel too bad, Leo. I did that once thinking I could troubleshoot an issue. Learned my lesson the hard way. had to even manually update some accounts and offset errors. a pain.
    They had me do some cartwheels until I could reconnect with my bank.
    I had one popup on quicken saying they had the issue on 1/2/and not to do anything on our end that it was totally there OS. They should send out these pop ups more frequently
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    do not deactivate accounts to fix issues on there end .. you may not be able to reestablish the account
  • coopercotton
    coopercotton Member
    When I got the message that transactions might post incorrectly or VERY SLOWLY response on Monday, Jan. 2, 2023, I just logged out and gave them time to fix it. When I logged back into Quicken the next day, I discovered that my datafile has reverted to the date of my last backup! Has anyone else had this occur? Has the problem from Monday been resolved?
  • duane
    duane Member ✭✭
    Download does not work. I have to say that this is a recurring issue. If i could find another service with downloads I would jump at the chance to switch over. As far as I am concerned this is the main advantage of an online check book, downloads. But in the last few months it either would not download or I got duplicates every time i downloaded. It just sucks. We should all get our money rebated.
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Duane, I am starting to agree. I talk often about moving to Mint but I do not think there is an easy transfer/import of data from quicken. You would have to start from scratch with no history and adding accounts.
    I sure hope they resolve this as I have used quicken for almost 20 yrs and notice the difference since they left intuit. I like the features when they are working
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    did to reinstalls of program and one step works but can not update one file at a time. must always do a full one step update.
    was able to get the open step summary to show all my accounts.
    what i did
    3 times i signed out and logged in as another user using my info.
    2 times re installed the entire program.
    Finally I am at the point of the above. accounts are up to date with doc.coms
  • Pecola123
    Pecola123 Member
    One step update attempt elicits following message: " Quicken online service unavailable at this time. Wait 10 min, and try again. . . " Update issue is not resolved for me.
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Pecola123. hope I can help you. someone from quicken commty told me to go to preferences in the edit menu and sign in as another user with my credentials. that helped somewhat. I do believe the reinstall helped the most . went to account and clicked on my apps and let quicken uninstall and reinstall the program.
    good luck
    its so annoying
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    there is an update this morning. prior to the update it appeared issues were resolved. all is working. hope the update helps you
  • bhennessey60
    bhennessey60 Member ✭✭
    Installed the Friday update and still not working. Very frustrating, has not worked since Monday.
  • deliveryman8000
    deliveryman8000 Member ✭✭
    Even after this morning's update, the only way to obtain my data is to do a reset of each account. Not a happy camper. I've been using quicken since it's inception.
  • bhennessey60
    bhennessey60 Member ✭✭
    Installed Friday's update, Did a Validate, Cleared the Cache folder and did an account reset. Still not working for a number of accounts (Ally, Bellweather, Chase, TD Bank). Very frustrating for a subscription service that I am paying for.
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    edited January 6
    Omg.
    Signing out of quicken by going to preferences in edit menu and signing as as a new user with your id n pw worked for me and another person in this community. At one point i went to my account app and did an uninstall and reinstall before the update n that helped.

I hope the sign out n in helps
  • bhennessey60
    bhennessey60 Member ✭✭
    The sign-out and then sign back-in did not work. I still am not able to download from the banking type of sites (Ally Bank, Bellweather Credit Union, Chase and TD Bank). The investment type of sites (Fidelity, Vanguard) work correctly.
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    I started w downloads only for investments
    Have u done a reinstall.
    I feel for u as this has been harrowing
  • Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    And i understand Q has had many issues connecting w Chase in the past. I see it listed in updates. Perhaps the reinstall from your account w Q and a reset of bank accts will do it. DONT DEACTIVATE ACCTS.