Missing Transactions

Noticed my Bank check register balance was suddenly off. Tracking back to the earliest date I have paper statements, Jan 2011, I found that each month forward now had missing transactions. Register actually dates back to 2003. Since the beginning balance of Jan 2011 was significantly off, I'll assume prior years also have missing transactions. All of these have been previously reconciled. There seems to be no pattern to the now missing transactions. Even if I manually correct from Jan 2011, I have no idea if other accounts were also hit with whatever bug caused this. I can restore from a backup and enter several hundred transactions manually, but unless the cause of this problem is identified, that seems like an exercise in futility.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @wwubker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We would recommend restoring a backup to restore the missing data. However, after restoring, I suggest also validating your data file by following the steps below to see if this will help prevent the issue from reoccurring.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • pklocke
    pklocke Member ✭✭
    I am having transactions that are in the current month, January 2023, also dropping. I keep both a paper register in my checkbook, and of course, the Quicken register. Yesterday, they balanced fine. Today, did bank transaction download and their were no new transactions, but now, the paper register and quicken do not match. I determined a transaction received on Friday (1/13/2023) altho previously online reconciled, now was completely gone. It is an income (deposit) transaction that is also in my reminders. Reminders showed next transaction for Feb, like it should, so I had to go into bill reminder to reset that income deposit back to Jan, and deposit it again. This is the 3rd transaction dropped, this month.