I have USAA Banking why is it not connecting?

I have tried all week to set up my account on Quicken and I've had no success. My personal information is all correct can someone please help me? Thank you in advance

Answers

• yconklin
    yconklin Member
    I'm not sure if it is my bank or Quicken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @yconklin

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly is occurring when attempting to add your USAA account(s)? Do you receive any error codes or messages? Which connection method are you attempting to connect with? 

I look forward to your response. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • yconklin
    yconklin Member
    Hello Jasmine,

When I put in my information it will say that " Quicken can't add this account because the USAA Federal Savings Bank is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few hours. Thank you for your patience! This is the message I have received all week. My connection method is on a windows computer
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @yconklin,

Thanks for providing more information. 

First, I suggest attempting to connect your USAA account using Direct Connect to see if this will resolve the issue. You can do so by going to Tools > Add Account > USAA Federal Savings Bank > Advanced Options > Direct Connect > Follow the prompts

Please let me know how this goes!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Willbost
    Willbost Member
    Been having the same issue since Sept 2022. Quicken will not allow me to switch to Direct Connection (grayed out) when I try to connect as stated in the solution here.