Is there a way to remove an erroneous "pending" transaction?

A checking account transaction recently appeared as pending but that transaction was reconciled almost 3 months ago. How can I clear/remove it from the account?

Answers

• ctslaton
    ctslaton Member
    Same issue, I have pending transactions from months ago on multiple accounts and banks that have already been processed. This makes the ending balance in the account bar off by the pending transaction amount. There should be some way to clear them out of quicken, because they definitely don't show as pending when at the bank on-line account.
  • Alcors3
    Alcors3 Member ✭✭
    > @ctslaton said:
    > Same issue, I have pending transactions from months ago on multiple accounts and banks that have already been processed. This makes the ending balance in the account bar off by the pending transaction amount. There should be some way to clear them out of quicken, because they definitely don't show as pending when at the bank on-line account.

Did this happen recently? My pending trans is the Oct entry for a monthly recurring transaction that I either terminated by hand in early January 2023 or was set to end in Dec 2022. Seems to have just appeared at year end.
  • JonBattle
    JonBattle Member ✭✭
    Same issue....an okd Pending Transaction is making the account bar amount wrong. Changing "what balance to show in account bar (either current or ending) does NOT work in this situation. See graphic
  • starunit
    starunit Member ✭✭
    Same here: a few old, completed transactions from October showing as Pending. I honestly don't know how long they've been there. I did notice, after doing today's online update, there was a flag next to my Credit Card Account, but when I went to that account there were no Downloaded Transactions; that's when I notices 7 Pending Transactions.
    There seems to be no way to delete these erroneous items. (I tried a Validate & Repair - no effect)
    There is also one transaction in my Checking Account.
    Let's hear from a Quicken Rep.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Alcors3
    Alcors3 Member ✭✭
    An update on the Pending Transaction issue that appeared around year end and I posted a question about it on the 6th. The problem has now resolved itself. On the 7th, I ran another One Step Update on all accounts, something I had already done several times since the bogus pending item first appeared. When I opened the account to accept the new and matching transactions, I noticed that the pending transaction was gone.
    Quicken Deluxe, Build 27.1.45.21
  • starunit
    starunit Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW : I read your comment in the other thread. It seems that several others on that thread dispute your advice. So, no, I won't be doing that. Tell, me: are you Quicken employee/representative?

This morning I ran another update. As @Alcors3 notes, the 'problem has now resolved itself.' At lease the entries no longer appear. In fact, the Pending Transactions list is completely gone. Gone from all accounts.

I'm on Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property R45.21, Build 27.1.45.21, running on Win 10 Pro (although the Quicken About Dialog mistakenly reports Win 10 Enterprise ).
  • jljeeper
    jljeeper Member ✭✭
    edited January 8
    Starunit your description is exactly the same as my experience. The pending tab just disappeared as well as the little icon that allows you to configure its settings. I still am having strange behavior when I update. Some of my accounts get a red flag as if there is downloaded transactions but opening the account shows nothing there. It may be that Quicken was getting so many calls they somehow suppressed the tab (hidden) but it’s still causing issues. Not sure if this is related but the last two days have been a nightmare, it seems either updates or validation is deleting many transactions. 3 times so far I had to rebuild several accounts one transaction at a times. Now I’m backing up before I update.
  • ctslaton
    ctslaton Member
    Interesting, I no longer see the information icon at the bottom of the screen that lets me turn pending transaction on/off and they are now off. Did Quicken remove this feature?
  • jljeeper
    jljeeper Member ✭✭
    Same here, I assume they must have turned it off but are silent about it. Also I think it is still there but not showing on the GUI only. I get flags when I update but no transactions, I think they are the pending transactions that are causing the red flags with no visible transactions. I wish they would be more open with us