R46.9 sent me uncleared duplicate transactions

One Step Update in R46.9 resulted in red flags in the Account Bar and the OSU Summary said transactions had been downloaded. But when I went to the accounts with flags, there were no new transactions and the flags vanished.

But I did find a few uncleared duplicate transactions had been added. See screen shot and SyncLog excerpt below. It mentions mobile device, which I do not use. Oddly, this user-formatted message only appeared in the log. If it popped up, I missed it.
Reported this as a problem. Sadly, R46.9 was looking pretty good until I encountered this.

Sync errors found:
[1] (severity: 1)
User message:
The transaction entered from your mobile device in <b>"BofA Visa 0246"</b> on <b>"11/5/22"</b> to <b>"HAMMACHER SCHLEMMER      800-233-4800 OH"</b> for <b>$-395.94</b> appears to be a duplicate of a transaction already entered in your desktop software.
Delete or ignore the duplicate transaction and try again.
System message:
The transaction entered from your mobile device in <b>"BofA Visa 0246"</b> on <b>"11/5/22"</b> to <b>"HAMMACHER SCHLEMMER      800-233-4800 OH"</b> for <b>$-395.94</b> appears to be a duplicate of a transaction already entered in your desktop software.
Delete or ignore the duplicate transaction and try again.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Comments

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Rocket J Squirrel

Not sure this is directly related to 46.9. Looks like Q simultaneously reintroduced some new flavor of its "pending transactions" functionality. I saw the clock icon on the lower left of my banking account register yesterday, and today I received a pending transaction into that account. I'm still on 44.28. I also see there's some chatter going on about it here.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I really hate it when they turn something like "pending" at the same time they put out a new release, not to mention that is on a Friday.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ditto. I can't understand how someone can possibly think this makes sense.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this has anything to do with pending transactions. My duplicate above is 2 months old.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    It may have something to do with which of the transactions you delete. I've gotten the same two dups twice now. Neither of them was pending, although they were both pending the first time around. I need to pay more attention to which ones I throw out, the dup or the original (don't know which one is the right one to toss, if there is a right one). Or, we may just be experiencing different problems. I'm having all kinds of trouble with this account (Citi banking). It keeps hosing my runtime.dat so I can't see last download date/times for all accounts, it requires resets due to lost connections too often and, of course, it gets 502 errors. There are so many bugs floating around now, its hard to know what's causing what. SMDH.