Quicken Windows 10 Flashing screen and slow response

For the past month my Quicken has been very slow and in addition, any transaction I make takes several more seconds to process and during which the screen flashes, momentarily everything gets very large and then the transaction finally gets posted. This is extremely annoying and I'm not sure what to do. Of course I have rebooted, just completed a year end copy but none of it seems to help. I'm not sure what else to do.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Tami Joachim Brzenk,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

We do currently have a couple of active alerts regarding slowness when updating accounts or performing One Step Updates which could be contributing to the issues that you are experiencing. You may follow these links here and here to access those alerts where you may bookmark them in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • thank you Jasmine. I have seen those alerts but this is NOT happening during one step updates. This is just as I have the program open. Anything I do is lagging, the screen jumps around and takes a few minutes for itself to readjust. It's very frustrating for software I am paying for.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Tami Joachim Brzenk,

My apologies for the miscommunication. 

If you have not already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let me know how it goes!
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • Hi. it's not the data file. I have created a brand new data file for 2023 and it's doing the same thing as 2022. Do you think validating the data file will make a difference? Just curious before I proceed...
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.
  • Thanks Rocket. Will try that!