Cannot use category in transaction

With the release of R46.12, Quicken wants me to create a new category for a category that already exists and is used.

Category: {P} Expense (Other)

Today, with the new quicken release, Quicken asks me to create the category 'other'. It won't accept the already saved and used category.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused by your designations.  What does {P} mean?  Is that the category name that you're trying to use?
    And, if so, why the special characters?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • fciani
    fciani Member ✭✭
    That's my category designations. I record both business and personal. Since Quicken won't allow the same name to be used in both personal and business, I use {P} for personal and {B} for business. These have worked for years, now, with the latest release, I'm having problems.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a guess, try taking out the { } and just use dashes as P-Other
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue (Category List showing all fields and column headers), sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    How do I post a screenshot in the community from windows

How do I post a screenshot in the community from a mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• fciani
    fciani Member ✭✭
    Here's a screen shot. As you can see the category/subcategory pair is accepted. However, if I use the main category alone, Quicken directs me to create the 'other' category.