Beginning balance on statement has not been what my quickbooks states

I am so frustrated. Oct 2022 bank statement balanced perfectly. Nov. I went to balance to my statement and the starting balance was NOT the ending balance in Oct. It changed it all on its own it seems. So Nov., Dec. and now Jan - has been a nightmare. I have tried going in to manually change the starting balance to match the statement and it will work for awhile. Then if I close out Quicken and go back in, the balance has changed with a difference of $499.20. There is no $499.20 that I can find . I have used quicken for many many years and just all of a sudden starting in Nov. it has gone crazy. Giving me all kinds of craziness. I have tried doing a fake statement to put the beginning balance that quicken says and add that $499.20 - to make my quicken balance with my statement. I do this every month. But I can go back into quicken a day later and click on reconcile and the beginning balance has changed again to a difference of $499.20. WHY can't I manually put in beginning balance of my statement I get? Since apparently there is some glitch in Quicken???

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a Quicken forum, yet you reference Quickbooks.  Which are you running?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Lovemyfarm
    Lovemyfarm Member
    Quicken….sorry …….see the frustration.
  • Lovemyfarm
    Lovemyfarm Member
    I don’t see where I referenced quickbooks? Just retread what I posted and I’m only seeing quicken.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see where I referenced quickbooks? Just retread what I posted and I’m only seeing quicken.

Read the title of your post.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP