Crazy popup r45.21 - contest challenge

Hoping this screen grab comes through. A definite bug but I don't even care it's so nostalgic.

Anybody want to take a stab at what version of Quicken this popup design might be from?

I'd guess early 90's maybe win v1 or 2. Looks a little like something from a Borland developer toolkit

No joke this is straight from a Mar 1991 transaction using r45.21 in my current quicken file (yes my file has transactions dating back to Jan 1991). I was trying to recategorize a transaction from a transfer to an asset account to an assigning a category.
Quicken user since Sep 1990. With a lot of sadness, I switched to something else. Used quicken at least three times a week for 32 years; hard to let go. 35+ years in IT Infrastructure and IT Security. Current Job 31 yrs. Married 30yrs..

Comments

• Private User
    Private User Member ✭✭
    Interesting followup. After making an extra backup, I actually recategorized the transaction using the wonky dialog and saved it. Went back into the same transaction and the category popup was back in 2023. Also seems like every other transaction in the same account has the 2023 dialog as well. So up

Somehow I guess accounts (??) are linked back to program versions numbers and corresponding pockets of code? A bit frightening that a 90's era dialog is still in todays code base.
    Quicken user since Sep 1990. With a lot of sadness, I switched to something else. Used quicken at least three times a week for 32 years; hard to let go. 35+ years in IT Infrastructure and IT Security. Current Job 31 yrs. Married 30yrs..