Loan payments are not being automatically split after 1/6/23 update.

I did a quicken program update and now when I enter the saved split transaction for my loan the line for interest is 0 and principal is the full payment. It should show two splits for interest and one split for principal. When I go to the loan reminder edit it shows the correct entries but when it is actually entered into the registers it puts the entire payment into the loan account and does not breakout the interest, etc.

Comments

• I am experiencing the same problem.
  • Rob Drolet
    Rob Drolet Member
    I'm having the same problem when I click "Enter Loan Payment" for a loan. The payment information is all correct when I click "Edit Payment Details" but not after I click the button. It worked correctly prior to the latest update.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To each of you ... what BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • qkn1992
    qkn1992 Member ✭✭
    Just noticed the same thing on both of my auto loans. Actually there is a zero amount transferred to the loan account and zero amount for the loan interest. The amount of the loan payment is listed as uncategorized.
  • qkn1992
    qkn1992 Member ✭✭
    Now I see the same thing has happened to my mortgage payments. They fixed the problem with Fidelity transactions not downloading and replaced it with this new problem. What's going on with them?
  • danwilcox
    danwilcox Member ✭✭
    having the same problem .... memorized/scheduled transaction shows proper categories for interest and principle in loan payment but when entering to register the principle and interest categories are shown as 0. Checking for Quicken update and it says I have latest Windows 11 Home. Version R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • rmiles2
    rmiles2 Member ✭✭
    Same here.
  • johnnstacey
    johnnstacey Member ✭✭
    I have used the Report a problem as requested.
  • qkn1992
    qkn1992 Member ✭✭
    I reported mine today as well.
  • danwilcox
    danwilcox Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. I reached Q support in a phone call a few minutes ago (Alan) and his notes were that this feature of having the amount of principle and interest, escrow posted to the register when you enter a scheduled transaction consistent with the amounts appearing in the scheduled transaction before posting, is no longer available unless the loan is with a connected institution. If loan is not with a connected institution, you must track the amortization of the loan with each payment and enter the appropriate amount for each category for each payment over time manually into the register. Major step backward in convenience for us who don't have a connected institution for the loan being tracked in Q. I can only imagine this change was profit motivated so that Q could have some leverage over connected institutions.... As a 25 year loyal user of Q this make me very disappointed. I have an escalated call scheduled on January 24th with someone higher up above Alan. Not sure what good it will do but I will keep the community posted.
  • johnnstacey
    johnnstacey Member ✭✭
    Surely this can not be correct. Not every loan is even through an institution. Quick moderators - can you please comment on this?
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hi All, This issue has been reported. We will try to update you when we have more information. I am very sorry for the trouble caused and thank you for your patience. 

(CTP- 5593)

Thank you.

-Quicken Janean
  • JeremyASV
    JeremyASV Member
    I am having the same issue too.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    danwilcox said:
    I'm having the same problem. I reached Q support in a phone call a few minutes ago (Alan) and his notes were that this feature of having the amount of principle and interest, escrow posted to the register when you enter a scheduled transaction consistent with the amounts appearing in the scheduled transaction before posting, is no longer available unless the loan is with a connected institution. If loan is not with a connected institution, you must track the amortization of the loan with each payment and enter the appropriate amount for each category for each payment over time manually into the register. Major step backward in convenience for us who don't have a connected institution for the loan being tracked in Q. I can only imagine this change was profit motivated so that Q could have some leverage over connected institutions.... As a 25 year loyal user of Q this make me very disappointed. I have an escalated call scheduled on January 24th with someone higher up above Alan. Not sure what good it will do but I will keep the community posted.
    The support person (Alan) you spoke to was incorrect. I’ll flag this for a moderator and ask for the correct info to be passed along to support. 
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • TonyN
    TonyN Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue as others have stated.
  • mindtrip
    mindtrip Member ✭✭
    > @danwilcox said:
    > I'm having the same problem. I reached Q support in a phone call a few minutes ago (Alan) and his notes were that this feature of having the amount of principle and interest, escrow posted to the register when you enter a scheduled transaction consistent with the amounts appearing in the scheduled transaction before posting, is no longer available unless the loan is with a connected institution.

This is incorrect. I have a loan with a connected institution and have the same problem with it.
  • Bevostein
    Bevostein Member
    Having the same problem. Evening of 1/17, I spent over an hour on phone with support in Guatemala troubleshooting. They had never heard of the issue. Final suggestion was to restore a back up. I restored back ups all the way back to January 2022 and all presented the same problem. Would be nice if support is made aware that its known issue and I hadn't wasted my time. Would be even nicer if this were fixed asap.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28

Discussion about the splits lost after 10 split lines issue:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927260/unable-to-save-more-than-10-category-splits-edited#latest

Alert for the splits lost after 10 split lines issue:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927815/new-1-17-23-categories-disappearing-in-split-transactions/p1?new=1

Current workaround for this issue is to revert to a 44.xx version. See this post for details on reverting to a prior Quicken program version. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7928128/reverting-to-older-version#latest

Note you can use your current Quicken data file with the older program version. 

44.xx versions did have some issues with EWC/EWC+ transaction downloading. 

The issue with loan reminders missing their splits is a different issue. There is currently no alert, but the post from a moderator indicates the issue has been logged and passed along to product development:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20331600/#Comment_20331600

The workaround:  The loan payment split problem only occurs for Reminders Entered manually:

Auto-Enter loan payment reminders don't exhibit the problem.

Discussions for the loan reminder issue:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927794/loan-payments-are-not-being-automatically-split-after-1-6-23-update#latest

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7927765/quicken-loan-payment-entry-problem#latest

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    edited January 22
    Same issue. Also, not sure why the alert says “10 lines” as most splits are 3 to 4 lines. And issue is with only a few lines. Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP.
  • markdmor
    markdmor Member
    I am having the same issue.
  • MDV
    MDV Member
    Having same issue
  • billgregoryjr
    billgregoryjr Member ✭✭
    I have updated to R47.7 on a second machine and I can confirm this issue still persists. For now I will not be updating my mail laptop until this issue is resolved. With both mortgage and car payments due in the coming days, I would prefer the splits have values other than 0 as they did in prior versions.
  • Bob6
    Bob6 Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue
  • nicholi3
    nicholi3 Member
    Same for me with Mortgage payments. Mine have principal, interest, tax escrow and insurance escrow splits for a total of four split items. It's posting the payment to the register with $0.00 for each split items and the total payment as an uncategorized items on the 5th split line. Quicken Home, Business & Rental, Subscription Edition.
  • MG99
    MG99 Member ✭✭
    It appears that changing to auto-entry fixed this issue for me.
  • rlhinds7
    rlhinds7 Member
    Same issue. Was given instructions to validate & repair file then compress it. After doing so, I returned to chat screen and found that I had been logged off due to being "silent" for more than three minutes. No further instructions on what to do with the compressed file,. or ??