How to fix online quotes dowload ?

so when i download quotes, the download summary shows that they have downloaded. But when i go to my investment account, the quotes are not updated, but days old. How can i get the account to update the quotes??? Also, my account value does not change to reflect a change in the quotes prices.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Is this a new problem?  Have you successfully downloaded quotes previously?
    When you do TOOLS, Security List is the DOWNLOAD box checked for each security you hold?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What quotes are you downloading?  The summary should say "xxx of yyy quotes and investing headlines updated:"  Do you know what the yyy securities are?  See the Security List (Ctrl-Y) and the Download Quotes column.  Are the securities you are missing checked to get quotes downloaded?  The actual criteria for getting the quotes seems to be 
    • Have the box checked on the security list, AND 
    • Have a valid ticker shown for the security, AND
    • Own shares of the security in an account or have it checked to be included in the Watch List
    Where exactly are you going to look at your investment accounts?  Hopefully not Quicken Online.  I would ask you to access a portfolio view (Ctrl-U) with a Quotes column and use that as a checkpoint.     
  • SmokeyToo
    SmokeyToo Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > What BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.Is this a new problem?  Have you successfully downloaded quotes previously?When you do TOOLS, Security List is the DOWNLOAD box checked for each security you hold?

27.146.12 Build. New problem. Have successfully downloaded for years. Ticker symbols checked.
  • SmokeyToo
    SmokeyToo Member ✭✭
    > @q_lurker said:
    > What quotes are you downloading?

Various securities.

The summary should say "xxx of yyy quotes and investing headlines updated:" 

Yes it says X of X quotes and headlines have been updated.

Do you know what the yyy securities are? 

Yes.

See the Security List (Ctrl-Y) and the Download Quotes column.  Are the securities you are missing checked to get quotes downloaded? 

Securities checked.

The actual criteria for getting the quotes seems to be * Have the box checked on the security list, AND 
    > * Have a valid ticker shown for the security, AND
    > * Own shares of the security in an account or have it checked to be included in the Watch List
    >

All of that criteria is met.

Download summary says securities have been updated.

> Where exactly are you going to look at your investment accounts? 

Portfolio view.

Hopefully not Quicken Online.  I would ask you to access a portfolio view (Ctrl-U) with a Quotes column and use that as a checkpoint.     
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stock markets were closed on 1/16 for MLK day ... so there were no quotes for then.
    Have you tried downloading quote in the last hour or so (after 5pm EST)?
    Also, please name 1 or 2 specific securities so that we can test in our Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • SmokeyToo
    SmokeyToo Member ✭✭
    Yes I know. I tried this today during mkt hours. More than once.

INTC and F