Quicken constantly crashing

Anyone else having issues with Quicken not even loading? Every time I go to start it up I enter my password and it just crashes and never loads. Is anyone else experiencing any issues like this? Its been very frustrating that it won't even open now.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @eeyore6802,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

However, after you have uninstalled and before you proceed with reinstalling, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • eeyore6802
    eeyore6802 Member
    Yes I did finally do that, although uninstalling and reinstalling took 3 times before it finally loaded back up. I think this stemmed from me attempting to rename my quicken file. My file had been named Quicken20 and I was attempting to save a new one specific to the year(Quicken23) It seemed when I would open quicken it would constantly stay with Quicken20 and then if I tried to load one of the new ones I saved(Quicken23) that seems to be when it started to crash and then give me all the issues.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Yes I did finally do that, although uninstalling and reinstalling took 3 times before it finally loaded back up. I think this stemmed from me attempting to rename my quicken file. My file had been named Quicken20 and I was attempting to save a new one specific to the year(Quicken23) It seemed when I would open quicken it would constantly stay with Quicken20 and then if I tried to load one of the new ones I saved(Quicken23) that seems to be when it started to crash and then give me all the issues.
    Hello @eeyore6802,   

Thank you for answering our earlier questions and letting us know about your results.

Are there any continuing issues with sudden crashing or slow performance? If so, you may try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • eeyore6802
    eeyore6802 Member
    I have been doing all of this off and on for the past few weeks and the program may work fine for a few days and then it starts its crashing again. Just like this morning, i couldn't open the file and uninstall and reinstall it yet again.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @eeyore6802,

Thank you for attempting the previous troubleshooting steps. 

We do currently have an ongoing active alert regarding performance issues with Quicken, this may be contributing to the issue that you are experiencing regarding Quicken periodically crashing. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to stay up to date with any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 
    -Quicken Jasmine