Import QXF from Mac 2017 to Windows 10 fail

I'm attempting to migrate from MAC 2017 to Windows 10. My Macbook 2011 OS can no longer be upgraded so I can't use the newer Quicken for MAC. I've installed Quicken on my Windows Desktop and have gone through the process of exporting a .QXF file to import on the Windows machine. At the end I get an "Import Failed" message. I've used a flash drive, DropBox, moved the DropBox file to the desktop, all to no remedy. I spent 1.5 hours yesterday with Quicken Support with no result other than start new files on the Windows version. I have Quicken data back to the earky 2000's that I still want to keep. Anyone know of work-around or something I'm missing?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Wacobass said:
    I'm attempting to migrate from MAC 2017 to Windows 10. My Macbook 2011 OS can no longer be upgraded so I can't use the newer Quicken for MAC. I've installed Quicken on my Windows Desktop and have gone through the process of exporting a .QXF file to import on the Windows machine. At the end I get an "Import Failed" message. I've used a flash drive, DropBox, moved the DropBox file to the desktop, all to no remedy. I spent 1.5 hours yesterday with Quicken Support with no result other than start new files on the Windows version. I have Quicken data back to the earky 2000's that I still want to keep. Anyone know of work-around or something I'm missing?
    Hello @Wacobass,   

We are sorry to hear about this issue with converting data. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, during which step is this error message appearing, exactly? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to work with you further on this issue, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Wacobass
    Wacobass Member
    Hello Jared, Attached is a PDF with three screen shots in sequence leading up to the error message.