One Step Update is updating accounts that aren't checked on the One Step Update List

I have a number of accounts with online access, and a subset of them selected for One Step Update. Recently, Quicken is updating all of them when I run One Step Update, not just the ones selected.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    John CA said:
    I have a number of accounts with online access, and a subset of them selected for One Step Update. Recently, Quicken is updating all of them when I run One Step Update, not just the ones selected.
    Hello @John CA,   

We are sorry to hear about this problem with undesired updating of accounts. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, if you haven't already, proceed through the steps listed below, in order:

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Let us know how this works, if you can.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • John CA
    John CA Member
    That did not fix the problem.
    The odd things are that the account that I don't want to download is unchecked in the One Step Update list before the download, and it is not listed on the summary page after the download. However, it has downloaded transactions to that account.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    John CA said:
    That did not fix the problem.
    The odd things are that the account that I don't want to download is unchecked in the One Step Update list before the download, and it is not listed on the summary page after the download. However, it has downloaded transactions to that account.
    Hello @John CA,   

We are sorry to hear that this issue remains even after making use of the earlier instructions. Thank you for letting us know about your results. 

Try saving another backup, then proceed through these additional instructions:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know if that seems to resolve the problem.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Qkn 94 User
    Qkn 94 User Member ✭✭
    Have been following for two days. I am likely suffering from the same issue with OSU as my system has gotten stuck while updating. Have stopped automatically initiating OSU on start-up since the New Year. John CA’s thoughts on this matter seem to be a plausible reason for it getting stuck. While I am on the subject, OSU does not show progress (little green circles) when updating so it is not possible to say if what is occurring with John CA is in fact what I am experiencing. BTW validating in the past has resulted in horrible issues with data integrity. Deleting all my bills is the tip of the iceberg. Will continue to watch this closely.
  • John CA
    John CA Member
    Don't think I'm going to do down the file repair path, as it seems like it's a simple bug in Quicken.
    It would certainly help if someone here said that they have a similar situation, and the problem is not happening. That is, multiple accounts set up for online download, some of them selected for One Step Update and others not, and the ones not selected are indeed not downloading.
  • John CA
    John CA Member
    After a few weeks, this behavior stopped as mysteriously as it started, so probably fixed somewhere on the Quicken download infrastructure end.
  • John CA
    John CA Member
    I should add that when it was doing the downloads I didn't want, it added a bunch of duplicate transactions to my credit card account. I spent an hour and a half reconciling it with my statement today.
This discussion has been closed.